Airrosti

2,465 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by diehardpop86
UnderoosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever gone to them? Beneficial or snake oil?
http://i.imgur.com/H6jmyPq.png
MookieBlaylock
AG
Lots of eyes on this one

My doctor friends say meh
Chiropractors and physical therapists hate em

My friends swear by them

Never been but want to but also want acupuncture

AgPT06
AG
Chiros don't hate them, because they are chiros.

I'm a PT. I don't hate them, we do similar techniques. The thing that usually gives them a bad wrap is it is appropriate for some things, but not ALL things. And corrective exercises should be taught after any soft tissue technique in my opinion and instead many (not all) airrosti practitioners treat and say see you again tomorrow for the same thing. We (PTs) also do dry needling and can be guilty of trying to use it to fix everything bc it's trendy. The key is to find someone who can admit when one technique isn't working and can try something else or direct you to someone who can try something else.
UnderoosAg
AG
I could have sworn my insurance at a previous job not only included them, but recommended them, especially before trying surgery.

I strained/pulled/mauled the ever living F out of a muscle in my lower back/upper ass. My PCP gave me a muscle relaxer and horse pill ibuprofen, and said she was referring me for "physical therapy". Turned out to be Airrosti. Went today and seems like I got a focused deep tissue massage and a duct tape tramp stamp, along with stretching exercises to do at home. Felt a little better but not sure if I'm sold yet, especially since I'm paying out of pocket. I guess I'm having trouble seeing past all the shiny marketing stuff.

Edit- disregard the star
http://i.imgur.com/H6jmyPq.png
88planoAg
AG
Yes, was treated successfully after tolerating a wrenched shoulder/neck from a whiplash type injury for 3 years. The one I went to explained that if he couldn't fix me in 10 sessions or less he would refer me to another form of tx. He incorporated stretches in the office and sent me home with homework also.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Drug rep here....go to many offices with airrosti.....not impressed. High priced chiropractor with fancy marketing name.
bam02
AG
I swear by them. Been for three different injuries and all had significant or complete improvement. One was an SI joint issue that I dealt with for a good while. Did traditional PT and was very compliant and saw no relief for it. Limped in to airrosti and walked out limp free. They also teach you some stretches and lacrosse ball/ foam roller techniques that help.

I have high deductible insurance now but I've paid (dearly) out of pocket for treatment and it was worth it to me.
bam02
AG
I was skeptical of it and still don't understand it. I know lots of physicians who recommend it, too.
SW AG80
AG
I swear by them. 4 years ago my back was so bad I wanted to be cut on. The Dr I was going to--and that offices PT--was providing no relief. About 6 months later and 4 or 5 trips to Airrosti I was walking normally and on my way to playing golf again.
who?mikejones
AG
Worked for me
AggieBusDriver
AG
Worked for me with my running injuries a few years ago and my wife's back. Some of the Airrosti folks are better than others. If you can find John Cybukski he's really good.
BBGigem
AG
Most if not all of them are Chiropractors by trade. I've never had to use them myself but my daughter has a few times for ankle injuries. She sprained her ankle in soccer. Was on crutches when she went to see the them. She walked out of the office. Two more treatments that week and she played that very next weekend. She is a keeper so she didn't have to move quite as much as a field player. She wasn't 100% but she was 80%. She swears by them. That has been several years ago. She still plays and her ankle is fine.
aggiebrad94
AG
Went to them for a knot in my upper back that I couldn't relax. 3 visits later (with the tape...errr, tramp stamp) and I was good to go. Been back for something else and got fixed quick.

Sadly, my insurance doesn't help out any and it is too expensive to go to now.
diehardpop86
AG
I just got treated for tendinitis in both elbows. It got better with each treatment. Had the deep tissue massage (sometimes painful) then the kinesiology tape and rehab exercises. I would recommend and use again. I'm pain free now
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.