Yesterday was Fried Chicken Day so I am asking this question...

1,597 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jgh85Ag
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone else noticed a lot of the Church's Chicken locations in San Antonio have closed in the last year or so?
AgCat93
AG
Yup. Closed quite a few around Nashville, including those which were combined with White Castle hamburger joints.

The Church's on Nacogdoches north of 410 closed at the end of March. Folks around the area were stunned because it had been there for 40+ years and was always busy at lunch.
aggie_fan13
AG
Honestly it's pretty pricey and mediocre. Would rather take my money to bill millers or chick fil a
Burdizzo
AG
Church's spicy chicken was a close second to Popeye's.

There is little at Bill Miller I crave. The whole enterprise could shut down tomorrow, and I wouldn't miss it personally.
aggie_fan13
AG
I never really eat their barbecue, just their chicken strips
ought1ag
AG
Burdizzo said:

Church's spicy chicken was a close second to Popeye's.

There is little at Bill Miller I crave. The whole enterprise could shut down tomorrow, and I wouldn't miss it personally.
brisket breakfast taco is pretty good
Obi Wan Ginobili
Canes
aggie_fan13
AG
Have to agree with you on this
Ginormus Ag
AG
I have noticed that the stand alone Church's have closed but they have opened some that are attached to the Nooner's gas stations. Also, wth happend with Polo Tropical? Seemed to be busy whenever we went there, but I guess it fizzled out.
bonfarr
AG
I think Bush's stole the niche that Church's Chicken had but they had better sweet tea.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jgh85Ag
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Canes

Not a fan of canes. If your whole business is based on one item, I expect it to be better. The strips always seem dry to me. I like their fries.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.