Breakfast Taco Recomendation

2,580 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mjfrog
dummble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to get a bunch of tacos for some guys near I10 and 1604 (the north one)

Any recommendations?

I can repay you in Houston Taco secrets
SoTxAg
AG
Might try Tacos N Salsa at 1604 and Tradesman.
Goodnight Irene
AG
https://texags.com/forums/62/topics/1657743/1#discussion

Here you go!

Tacos n salsa or Aguascalientes at Babcock and 1604
dummble
AG
42 PAGES???!!!

Can someone go through that and make a googlesheets that organizes them by location, thin/thick flour/corn tortillas, steam tray/made to order, cash/credit, how much spanish one will need to know.
Goodnight Irene
AG
That's a great idea because one day Haby will die and take all that information with him
bam02
AG
Bill miller's.
AAM02
AG
Goodnight Irene said:

That's a great idea because one day Haby will die and take all that information with him
Did someone turn on the taco signal?
tx1c
AG
My goto place is at the corner of Babcock and Spring Time: Taqueria Huentitan Jalisco.
Ulrich
Goodnight Irene said:

...and anyone with encyclopedic knowledge of breakfast tacos hasn't got long to live.
always gig em
AG
I'm from SA but now in Austin and there's not a real f/ckin taco anywhere in this hipster hell let me tell you.

superunknown
AG
always gig em said:

I'm from SA but now in Austin and there's not a real f/ckin taco anywhere in this hipster hell let me tell you.

Ken's tacos, dessau and rundberg. Pretty good.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Jr's Tacos
1921 Cedar Bend Dr, Austin, TX 78757
(512) 831-5554
https://goo.gl/maps/vcNCFVdgGyJ2

You can thank me later.
dummble
AG
I ended up at Aguascalientes, since they were the first people to answer the phone.

The Tacos were awesome. The clients staff asked us where we got them and thanked us for not going to Taco Cabana.

Great Success. Thanks TA SA Board
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
For Austin, Also try Julios, Taqueria La Canaria, Casa De Consuelo, and the food truck on Berkman
Producers_96
AG
always gig em said:

"That can't be the case -- we invented everything!"

-- Every Austinite
CoolaidWade
AG
bam02 said:

Bill miller's.
I would put Bill Miller pretty high on this list. Not really because they are that good but because there are so many bad Taco joints in San Antonio and Bill Millers is consistently good.

Seriously, their Carne G is addicting. And when you order ham/egg they pan fry the ham and give you a whole rolled up piece. Most of these dive mexican restaurants just dice it up and throw it in the eggs. Sucks.

Mexican food in San Antonio is overrated in general. WIth the population here you would think more people would figure out Mexican food.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Best value is Taco Palenque at UTSA & IH10 you can make 2 tacos out of one and they are served 24 hours a day.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Bill Miller's brisket and egg taco is really good but over priced for breakfast taco standards.
superunknown
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

Best value is Taco Palenque at UTSA & IH10 you can make 2 tacos out of one and they are served 24 hours a day.

There is a taco palenque at 410 & broadway-ish as well.
88planoAg
AG
SoTxAg said:

Might try Tacos N Salsa at 1604 and Tradesman.
We've been here several times and it's always good. It's only open 7AM-2PM and closed Sunday.

Tacos N Salsa

Edit: Drat. Thought I was adding this to the Official thread.
mjfrog
AG
Will vouch for Tacos N Salsa, but go to the one on Jones-Maltsberger, love the salsa bar, never tried the drive-thru, because I'm all about the salsa/pico bar and cheap prices.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.