At my other house, I had 4 electric tankless. I like them fine, but be aware they each require DUAL 50A circuits, so make sure you have ample supply and the house is built with them in mind. If you have gas options, I would steer that direction. Also, I am on a well, so be aware that tankless heaters spec using temp rise. So if I want 110 degree water, then I need to size it such that it can bring 60 degree water up to 110 degrees. On a well, that water is going to vary in the summer vs. winter, since it's pulling from the tank. In the winter, you might not get water temps you like.
Personally, I still a big fan of the old school tank heaters. No, I can't stand in the shower for 3 hours, but the water is the appointed temperature all the time and when it dies, I find it much easier to replace ASAP as I can go to the box store and pick on up tonight. I have 4 water heaters in the house Im in now, so if one dies, I have other options for hot water making it a non-crisis event. I would encourage designing the house with that in mind. Have redundant systems.