Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Cleaning vent hood baffles

450 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by htxag09
vmiaptetr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a Thermador range hood. Been cleaning the baffles by hand when necessary. Does anyone here just throw them in the dishwasher?
dubi
AG
We soak them in a pan with Dawn.
rilloaggie
AG
If they are aluminum they'll tarnish in the dishwasher or if you use degreaser on them. Stainless should be fine in the dishwasher. Light coat of good degreaser followed by pressure washer will make short work of cleaning them.
vmiaptetr
AG
They're stainless steel. I like the pressure washer idea. Might even be able to convince my kids to do it then.
vmiaptetr
AG
I just put them in the dishwasher. YOLO.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

I just put them in the dishwasher. YOLO.

Won't it leave grease in there? We spray them with some grease remover stuff from the auto supply store & then power wash.
vmiaptetr
AG
I just pulled them out of the dishwasher. Just did a 1-hour cycle. They came out grease-free. I did had to wipe off a couple of water spots, but I could have run a longer dry cycle to prevent that.
combat wombat™
AG
I run 'em through the dishwasher.
htxag09
AG
We have a Zephyr. There own site and how to videos say dishwasher is fine. However, we just spray them with the dawn foam spray stuff and leave them in the sink for a bit. A fairly quick and easy scrub, then dry them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.