Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Cross Post from Outdoors: Porch Screen Cleaning

632 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Mark Fairchild
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ag's, got a question for you. Rockport, Texas with large screened in lanai. These screens, 20 X 20 mesh, fiberglass suck up a ton of oak related green stuff in March/April, and we have a TON of oaks. Need a way to clean them. In past tried using my power washer with extremely limited results, much streaking. Does anyone know of a way to get these things clean? What tools do ya need? As stated used a power washer foamer (like for cleaning cars) then clear water rinse, kinda sorta good. Any real way to actually clean them???? Thanks!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Dill-Ag13
AG
Why not some wet and forget and a rinse?
TexAg1987
May need to wipe down with a microfiber cloth to really wipe the gunk off.
Leggo My Elko
AG
If you got a lot of Oak Pollen stuck on it, try to scrub it with w/ dish soap.
Apache
AG
I never heard of a porch being called a "lanai" until a few years ago when tons of Californians moved in. Is there a difference between a lanai and a porch or is it like Yankees referring to shoes as "sneakers" or coke as "pop"?

ABATTBQ11
AG
Apache said:

I never heard of a porch being called a "lanai" until a few years ago when tons of Californians moved in. Is there a difference between a lanai and a porch or is it like Yankees referring to shoes as "sneakers" or coke as "pop"?

Lanai is always enclosed. Porch may or mat not be. They're kind of the same, but not quite.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Apache: We live in Rockport, lanai is a kinda cool, beachy thing to say. Lived in Midland 40 years, never heard of a lanai there.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.