speaking of dishwashers....

1,023 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by tgivaughn
baldandbeautiful
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After running a cycle, I have noticed a white, sometimes kinda slimy, film on some of my dishes. It is pretty much only on plastic things (tupperware type storage, plastic plates, and sometimes some cups). It kinda comes and goes, sometimes its really bad, sometimes its not. I keep the rinse aid full, I clean out the filter and periodically run a cleaning cycle with vinegar in a cup on the top rack.

Any tips?
Lightning Dexter
You could try washing the next several loads on the hottest cycle the dishwasher has and see if it makes a difference. That solved some similar issues I had.
Kenneth_2003
AG
It's possible that you're using too much detergent and it's not rinsing clean away...

If you want to learn way more about your dishwasher here's a rabbit hole to fall down with someone that goes into way more detail than you could have ever expected.

First...

Then...

EDIT to add... Around the 26 min mark on video #2 he goes over differences in ingredients in various gels and the powders. He includes some differences that can lead to powdery buildup under certain circumstances and water chemistries
baldandbeautiful
It's me again...
Same dishwasher, but now the dishes are coming out VERY wet. It doesn't seem to be drying the dishes at all. I run it on the "high temp wash" setting. Is there a way to see if the dishwasher is heating the water?
tgivaughn
AG
However, dishwashers don't last forever. The life expectancy of a dishwasher is about 10 years, according to manufacturers surveyed by Consumer Reports. However, issues with the appliances tend to develop within the first five years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.