Master Bathroom Remodel - with pics

6,085 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Lavender Gooms
schwack schwack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoy watching your progress - great job!
Throwout
AG
The most impressive part to me is how few shoes your wife has! Can you get your wife to talk to my wife?

On a serious note, love seeing kids helping out. I remember my dad letting me help him do remodeling work when I was a kid and I thought it was the coolest thing.
Lavender Gooms
AG
I used to get somewhat frustrated when one or both of the kids want to help, but then I realized they only last for 15 minutes max before they get bored/distracted.

My wife has never been a big clothes or shoes person. We both try to keep our wardrobes minimal. We figured out in the last year or so that so much of what we have in terms of clothes we didn't actually have the chance to wear. As things wore out, we just stopped replacing them.
agracer
AG
Lavender Gooms said:

I used to get somewhat frustrated when one or both of the kids want to help, but then I realized they only last for 15 minutes max before they get bored/distracted.
When my twin's were like 2 years old, I was working on a project outside and did not have a garden spade. So I tell the wife I'm going to HD to get one and the boys got all excited and wanted to come with dad to the store so I took them along.

I grab the shovel I needed and put it in the cart and turn around and both boys have a small garden shovel in their hands, struggling along the idle to put it into the cart. It was so damned cute and I had to buy 2 extra shovels so they could help dad with his project.
Lavender Gooms
AG
New closet lights and grouting

Tackled more closet work today. Got the new recessed lights installed, plus grouted the tile in the closet.

Old ceiling box coming out.

New hole cut

New light ready to go

Spend 30 minutes trying to get the correct breaker flipped off. At least it was productive time getting the other breakers labeled. The existing list is no where near correct for whatever reason.

And finally get the lights in

Closet tile now grouted. Hoping I can get the baseboards in tomorrow

I did not realize just how fast the grout would set up in the bucket. Made a nice big batch to try and knock out the whole bathroom plus closet, and this is what it looked like after no more than 30 minutes.

New door threshold down with new carpet tack installed. Had to move it a few inches to get the threshold installed. There must be some trick that I don't know to get the nails to grab the concrete with carpet tacks. This was my 2nd attempt and just used construction adhesive with weights.

Hoping I can get the rest of the grout done tomorrow.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.