Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Robot pool cleaner longevity

6,846 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by taba82
Daddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jim01 said:

I have a Polaris 3900 that was with the pool when we bought the house 7 years ago. I've done countless surgeries on it. New tires, new bearings, new inner gears, multiple nets, etc.

Thinking of biting the bullet and getting a new one because I'm tired of jacking with it and 7 years is a good spell. The booster pump is still good and I like the fact that the same computer controls the cleaner along with everything else. I leave it in 24/7 and only take it out when treating the pool or having guests over.

On the fence about whether to stick with Polaris 3900, downgrade to a simpler 280, or go electric/robotic.

Same boat. I love leaving in 24 7
Having the pump

But want better cleaning and no tangles
The Return of the Fightin' Texas Aggies
Absolute
AG
Would recommend trying the robot. Really excellent cleaning. The cord does get tangled some despite the "anti tangle fitting" it advertises.

Would recommend getting the entry level version like I have s200/active 20.
Leeman
Finally replaced my 15 year old Polaris 480 with a new Polaris 280. Wow - huge difference. Had fixed the 480 many times over the years and finally bit the bullet and replaced it. Think one of the biggest differences is the new hose - it is much more flexible than the old one. Wonder if that was due to age ?
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Fully aware. It would save someone about $150 off the current Amazon price (which is 23% off regular price). Just throwing it out there but thanks for the notice.

taba82
AG
I'm looking to purchase either the Pentair 930W or Dolphin M600/ACTIVE60. If anyone currently owns or has owned either of these robots, would appreciate your experience and/or feedback.
Mike
Aggie Band '82
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.