Aggie owned company like energy ogre?

8,345 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by texsn95
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that company still around.? If so what is it?
Cramp00
If you have to ask if it's still around, maybe you should go with Energy Ogre https://eog.re/101DI

redag06
Texas Power Agents and yes they are still around.

Much better than ogre!
TXAGEE
AG
Thigbe (used to be EZ Electricity) is another. We've been with them for several years now and have been happy. A small portion of your bill goes to a charity that you choose.
FatZilla
AG
Its Thigbe now and dont go with Ogre, they blow donkey nuts on rates compared to Thigbe, couldn't even come close to the same rates.
https://www.thigbe.com/

Its right around 9-10.5c on average. Plus they donate to a charity i select as part of the service fee they collect each month, so a few brownie points there. They group buy contracts to lock in low rates, its not a fluctuating service like Griddy is, so no worries about getting a $9k bill during a freeze.

Heres my last bill showing usage/cost

MS08
AG
I hear energy ogre advertised on the radio...but are any of these outfits available to reduce rates in College Station?
OnlyForNow
AG
Not unless CS is allowing someone besides BTU to sell electricity.
MS08
AG
I did not think so and that's why I have never looked into it. CSU is king of the hill because they are the only one allowed to play the game.
Sea Speed
AG
redag06 said:

Texas Power Agents and yes they are still around.

Much better than ogre!

This. Not a fan of energy ogre at all, for several reasons. Been very happy with Texas power agents.
AG
So is it Texas Power Agents or Thigbe now? Which one is better?
"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
GBMont3
AG
Can't vouch for Power Agents but I'm a very happy Thigbe customer
Azariah
AG
The Texas Power Agents folks are friends of mine who live around the corner. We've been with them for years and are pretty happy. Good Ags.
MrJonMan
AG
My ogre contract is up in May. Sounds like it's time to look into one of the other 2 mentioned
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
RAT90
AG
I do not understand the pay structure for Thigbe. Do you pay them monthly based on your energy usage or something else?
FatZilla
AG
RAT90 said:

I do not understand the pay structure for Thigbe. Do you pay them monthly based on your energy usage or something else?
You pay monthly based on usage just like a normal set rate contract.
Whoop Delecto
AG
RAT90
AG
I now pay EO once a year and then they set up the payments. From what you say, the difference is paying T a variable fee monthly.

May we ask how much y'all pay T per year?
FatZilla
AG
WhoopRAB said:

My REP just emailed a cancellation notice. Windrose Energy is another casualty of the big freeze.

Thigbe is quoting 10 cents + $4.39/ mo.

Do you pay the entire bill to Thigbe and they then pay the REP? Do you know how long your contract is and the provider?

Yes you pay thigbe, they remit to provider. Yes you can ask for the contract details from thigbe if you want them. Think mine is a 2y right now.
Whoop Delecto
AG
agcivengineer
AG
I just signed on with Thigbe. Rate looks great so far
Whoop Delecto
AG
agcivengineer
AG
WhoopRAB said:

agcivengineer said:

I just signed on with Thigbe. Rate looks great so far
Me too, my contract came today. Sadly only a 3 month term.

Same. Im not worried about the length though.
DB Coach
AG
+1 for Thigbe! I started with them last September...got locked on a 4.5 cent rate!
tgivaughn
AG
Thanks for getting me to check our rate
outside College Station limits, Brazos Co
BTU rate $0.09.66/kWh
IMHO and am sticking to it
cena05
AG
Thigbe confirmed that they normally do not do such short contracts, but are aggregating a "batch" of customers to get better rates with providers and will renew the contracts to 1 -2 years once the three-month contract is over.
MrJonMan
AG
Just canceled with Ogre. They enrolled me in a new contract with Energy Texas, as I always do, I looked up current rates. It was 1/10 a cent cheaper to go with Ogre vs doing it on my own. Not worth the $10/month.

Sent info into Thigbe to see what they come back with.
Brasovan
AG
Thigbe makes $0.004/kwh or $4 per 1000 kwh that you use. And one-third of that fee goes to the partnered charity you pick when you sign up. They are also endowing a TAMU scholarship. Full disclosure, I'm the owner of Thigbe. :-) Gig 'em.
Brasovan
AG
FatZilla said:

Its Thigbe now and dont go with Ogre, they blow donkey nuts on rates compared to Thigbe, couldn't even come close to the same rates.
https://www.thigbe.com/

Its right around 9-10.5c on average. Plus they donate to a charity i select as part of the service fee they collect each month, so a few brownie points there. They group buy contracts to lock in low rates, its not a fluctuating service like Griddy is, so no worries about getting a $9k bill during a freeze.

Heres my last bill showing usage/cost
https://i.ibb.co/R96nGfZ/image.png

Thanks FatZilla!
Brasovan
AG
78681AG said:

Thigbe (used to be EZ Electricity) is another. We've been with them for several years now and have been happy. A small portion of your bill goes to a charity that you choose.
It's a small part of your bill but it's 1/3rd of our fee! Hence, Thigbe ends up costing you next to nothing. Full disclosure, I the aggie that owns Thigbe. Thanks for your support!
aggiecody06
Just switched over to Thigbe but the email they sent out couple days ago about rate increases scares me. Can you elaborate on it at all?
MrJonMan
AG
Look forward to hearing back from you guys, submitted my inquiry this afternoon through the website.

My contract ends Tuesday so I've got to move soon
FDXAg
AG
I just signed up for a 5 year plan this morning with a company. Is it too late to try thigbe since signups are paused?? I think I have 3 days to cancel this new service but guess I'm out of luck?

My rate was about 13.5c/kWh but after reading this thread, I'm curious if thigbe will be a much better option.

Is this like Griddy in that it can skyrocket with high usage months randomly?
txcincinnatus
AG
Are any of you guys seeing any savings with Thigbe vs. what's available with power to choose site? Signed up with Texas power agents last week because Thigbe was closed to new customers and the plan they just selected is just the first one to pop up on power to choose... So they added no value that I can see
ftworthag02
AG
EO just renewed me again w/ power next for 12mos. at rates 19.27 500kwh, 18.93 1000kwh, 18.76 2000kwh
effective rate over the life of this contract: 19.27/kwh.

Last year power next was at 9.23, 8.88, 8.71

Recommendations?
FDXAg
AG
Yes! I was in your same shoes a few weeks ago. Immediately call Energy Ogre up and get out of that new contract they just signed you up for, and also cancel your EO membership. Do it today! Rates seem to be rising daily. (I locked in at 13.5c/kWh a few weeks ago and was mad because if I had known a month earlier, I could have had rates around 12c)

Then go sign up for the cheapest 60 month plan on powertochoose you currently see. EO's business model isn't designed to help the consumer in this current market, and they know it. You can get much cheaper rates for 60 month contracts than the almost 20c/kWh they just signed you up for. Yes, there's a cancellation fee you'll have to pay IF rates go down over the next few years and you want to get into a cheaper plan, but you'll likely easily save that fee and MUCH more just this summer alone with the price per kWh savings you'll have. Disappointed that EO isn't being forthright with their customers on this. The rep I talked to basically told me to cancel my membership with them and just lock into the best 5 year plan I could find because rates will continue to soar.

...oh, and apparently the consensus is that rates aren't going to go down anytime soon and ~14c/kWh pricing may seem like a bargain in a few years.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.