Anyone move aerobic septic sprinklers?

8,869 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Grinder (99)
TSJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We might actually look at adding a new garage shop at our house, but I have at least one sprinkler that would be under it. We are also throwing around the idea of have a living quarters in it so we would be adding to the demand on the system.

Has anyone moved their sprinklers or updated the system? What do I need to know?
Col. Steve Austin
AG
You cannot move them legally as per TECQ regulations. Only a licensed septic installer may do so.

http://dulworthseptic.com/moving-sprinklers.html
Roger That
AG
If you're doing living quarters you'll likely be tying into your existing septic, and that would probably mean plan approval or permit by your county (and associated plan/permit fees). If that's the case and already having to go through that exercise the movement of a sprinkler isn't much in the grand scheme. If it's just a sprinkler movement it's a giant PITA.
TSJ
AG
Thanks y'all. Talking to a coworker I think the first step will be talking to a contractor to see the overall picture. I want to go by the book so there's no questions later.
BrazosDog02
AG
It's just a sprinkler. Cut, add pipe, plumb where you want. If you want to get particular then use purple pvc. I've cut and moved mine all the time when they get damaged. Everything you need can be found at your local home improvement store.
fka ftc
I don't think this is "going by the book so there are no questions later."

OP, follow advice on licensed contractor, particularly if you are in a municipal or semi rural location and intend to be able to sell the property down the road.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Your OSSF Plot Plan is very detailed in terms of there your discharge areas are. I would not recommend moving them without updating the plan. There are a number requirements dictating the exact locations of the discharge sprinklers, one of which is their proximity to a water well (yours and neighbors').
The Grinder (99)
AG
I am in the process of doing this. We are close to done with a pool build so had to relocate a head form back yard to front yard. For us, the process was way more complicated than I would have ever thought. We had to meet with the septic designer multiple times and then had to have the county come out to give approval.

Now, if you have plenty of land the process may be much easier.

Here's a brief idea of our issue:

live on .75 acre.

have three heads, each are drawn to rotate 180 degrees at 32 feet each.

we had to relocated one head that was in the back yard to the front yard where the other two were

we have a dry creek running through the front yard. All available area on one side of creek was used by the two existing heads. so we needed to use space on the other side of creek.

problem is, these heads had to make up the same square footage as the lost head and:
-be 10 ft from all property lines
- be 10 ft from dry creek
-be 10 ft from a tree
-spray only on turf
-not spray over a retaining wall
-not spray over underground main water line or meter
-not spray on turf over a certain grade

for us it came down to 27 square feet! to spare after the count agent decided exactly where the banks of the dry creek were
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.