Trouble Removing Door Hinge

1,146 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Frok
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The door sweep broke off on the bottom of my back door. I'm trying to get the pin out of the hinge and I can't get it to budge. It has a cover on the bottom. I've seen videos where they will just get a screwdriver and a hammer and pop it off. No luck for me.

Is it possible the pin doesn't come out?

https://ibb.co/Z6Tgkjd
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
It looks like it is in upside down?

Worst case, unscrew the plat from either the wall or door. If it stays stuck, take hinge off and replace.
TexAg1987
Quite possibly a fixed pin. Sometimes used on exterior doors when the hinge faces out.

ravingfans
AG
TexAg1987 said:

Quite possibly a fixed pin. Sometimes used on exterior doors when the hinge faces out.

Definitely sounds like a fixed pin. Do the doors open outward? Open the door and look for a small hex/allen bolt in the hinge cylinder. That should unlock it. A least the hinges I'm familiar with have them.

Try to figure out the manufacturer if the above doesn't work via stampings on the hinge and look up their method.

Will send a photo when I get a chance
ravingfans
AG

ravingfans said:

TexAg1987 said:

Definitely sounds like a fixed pin. Do the doors open outward? Open the door and look for a small hex/allen bolt in the hinge cylinder. That should unlock it. A least the hinges I'm familiar with have them.

Try to figure out the manufacturer if the above doesn't work via stampings on the hinge and look up their method.

Will send a photo when I get a chance

Mine are from Hager. You'll see their "H" logo stamped on the hinge.

Frok
AG
No they open inward. I'll check them when I get home to see if I see this.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.