Curry Odor

6,699 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Fife
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Think of it this way: An x-ray for a broken arm is fine. An x-ray a day is probably a good way to get cancer.
Just to quibble, a daily arm x-ray is less radiation exposure than the naturally occurring potassium in your body, and 1/10 the daily exposure from background radiation. A daily chest CT scan on the other hand...
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/the-daily-need/how-much-radiation-is-too-much-a-handy-guide/8124/
JP76
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

Can you run thru the actual amount of Hydrogen proxide from a Reme Halo into a home compared to what a dangerous amount of it would be?

Per the Specs RGF gives, we're talking about ~ " < 0.02 PPM "

Here's a link for info https://www.rgf.com/article/hydro-peroxide-for-iaq/

How much ozone does the halo produce when running ?

Do your installs run the blower 24/7 like the manufacturer requires ?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Thats a good head nodding generality to make, but an issue...

These are specifically designed to last years without any maintenance, I bet they figured out that less than .02 Parts per million may be ok. Those RGF scientists seem like pretty smart guys and have a ton of research studies.

We should call them and ask
ABATTBQ11
AG

These are specifically designed to last years without any maintenance, I bet they figured out that less than .02 Parts per million may be ok. Those RGF scientists seem like pretty smart guys and have a ton of research studies.

Something tells me they probably don't have clinical studies on chronic low level ozone exposure. a) It would be expensive and b) they may not like the answer and there's no putting that rabbit back in the hat.

The EPA says exposure to levels of .07 ppm or higher over 8 hours is unhealthy. It won't kill you, but it's like getting a sunburn in that doing it repeatedly eventually takes a toll. Considering that the background ozone level at ground level is roughly .01, and this thing pumps out .02, you're halfway there on a normal day for 8 hours of exposure. The problem is that you live in this environment and your exposure is for well over 8 hours a day,everyday.
The Fife
maddiedou said:

Thanks. Titan

And

Fife. I do not understand your comment
I'll put it this way, my department (INEN) was about 75% Indian, 20% Korean and South Asian, 0.1% American, and 4.9% other. I know curry pretty good and cook a lot of it.

FWIW it's the turmeric and coriander that smell the strongest but anyway, a lot of Indian food is cooked in oil so I would start by scrubbing all cabinetry (inside and out) with TSP. That should take care of a lot of the oil and spices that are embedded. Don't forget about any ventilation filters from the hood/downdraft/whatever because there will be plenty of it in there.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
ABATTBQ11 said:

Something tells me they probably don't have clinical studies on chronic low level ozone exposure. a) It would be expensive and b) they may not like the answer and there's no putting that rabbit back in the hat.

The EPA says exposure to levels of .07 ppm or higher over 8 hours is unhealthy. It won't kill you, but it's like getting a sunburn in that doing it repeatedly eventually takes a toll. Considering that the background ozone level at ground level is roughly .01, and this thing pumps out .02, you're halfway there on a normal day for 8 hours of exposure. The problem is that you live in this environment and your exposure is for well over 8 hours a day,everyday.

I swear HVAC guys love to argue bout nanoparticles and ~ 0.01 parts per millionth of something to say it's bad/ not beneficial.

I've been in literally thousands of homes/apartments, when you consider how many ppl never open a window in Texas and the beginning state of their indoor air quality, it's difficult to listen to HVAC guys talk bad science about things like this.

Vastly improving indoor air quality from pet odor, to toilet flushes , Allergens to mold spores and 99% of germs seem like a good bet.

I once listened to a HVAC guy tell me all the reasons on why these are bad while he was smoking a cigarette.. Having theories at the supply houses is one thing- hearing feedback from customers and doing own research is another.
JP76

ABATTBQ11 said:

I swear HVAC guys love to argue bout nanoparticles and ~ 0.01 parts per millionth of something to say it's bad/ not beneficial.

I've been in literally thousands of homes/apartments, when you consider how many ppl never open a window in Texas and the beginning state of their indoor air quality, it's difficult to listen to HVAC guys talk bad science about things like this.

Vastly improving indoor air quality from pet odor, to toilet flushes , Allergens to mold spores and 99% of germs seem like a good bet.

I once listened to a HVAC guy tell me all the reasons on why these are bad while he was smoking a cigarette.. Having theories at the supply houses is one thing- hearing feedback from customers and doing own research is another.

You can argue until you are blue in the face but the fact remains the EPA has classified ozone as a pollutant.

And you can call your device whatever you want but at the end of the day it is still a renamed ozone generator.

Why would you want to introduce more of it into your house with your product ?

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/ozone-generators-are-sold-air-cleaners#ozone-health
JP76

Snake oil salesman only say what you want to hear
one MEEN Ag
AG

You're the worst type of salesman. Just this Simple Jack, 'well smarter people have figured it out' BSer. There's a real health concern with these systems and your just peddling them all day without being informed of the potential health issues.

But, you also know what smarter people have figured out? That putting those nanoparticles in your AC system destroys your compressor. I actually linked a research study and then all of sudden you were smarter than those guys and explaining it away.

Staff, what does it take to get this sponsor banned?

maddiedou
AG
Thanks. Fife. He was a grad student and very pissible in your class
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Mr. One Mean Ag we've been over this so many times... you're reminding me of this:

ABATTBQ11
AG
MEEN is Mechanical Engineering and I'm pretty sure he's got a grad degree to boot, so I'd be willing to bet he's one of those "smarter than me" guys....
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers

You think if we ask, TexAgs would let us use their studio to have a live debate/ discussion/ educational segment ? There's gotta be dozens of ppl that would tune in by now..

Maybe plan around a football weekend when ppl might be in town? I'm game for going on-air live with ya'll - it'll be fun.

We could even take phone calls from past customers and see how their compressors are feeling. Maybe take calls from homeowners who claim this magical Reme Halo air purifier is awesome and how it improves some ppl's everyday lives.
maddiedou
AG
I am sorry and no disrepect to you eco zapp but you do come off as arrogant sometimes and I know you are all about your business but now it has gone from me to you

So as I hate to say this because there is some good info that could come from this can we just let it go And the other posters I get what yall are saying and I will give yall a nee update in about 3 weeks about the two things I have tried

I really do believe the item I bought from standard supply is working but again it was 300 bucks that you put in your ac system that takes a while woth the fan on the entire time to pull the curry smell thru the ac. We will see
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
apologizes - some of those A/C guys on here and I go back a few years now bickering ( kinda like New Army Vs. Old maybe)

- Ways we could help you out, if you see results with the Reme Halo- There are Rapid Recovery units, Think Halo Reme 5000. Plug it in when no-one is home and run for a few- many hours with a new air filter. Does wonders at taking years of smoke/pet smells out of a home. Def not an everyday thing and has some power behind it. We may have one to borrow if you like and would actually be curious to see the results/ quickness of results.
The Fife
maddiedou said:

Thanks. Fife. He was a grad student and very pissible in your class
I graduated from grad school 16 years ago - it's smelled like Indian food that long?!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.