Backyard dead due to over application of Weed N Feed, what now?

8,174 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by texAZtea
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Smokedraw01 said:

I'm sorry that "your wife" is the one that killed you grass. People make mistakes from time to time and we hope "your wife" uses this as a life lesson and takes responsibility for her actions. It would suck if she got on an internet board and blamed it on her spouse.

As someone who studied Ag basics in the college of Ag and obtained my undergrad from the college, I love the "inferences" you are making! I sure wouldn't have known to do a simple read of instructions or how to figure out how the backyard took 2.4x-ish of Weed N Feed. Let me know if I need to get her on here to prove the validity of my claim to a bunch of Aggie strangers on a forum. I also appreciate all the "helpful" advice you provided in your reply about how to best remedy the situation.

g_werch
AG
Since when does having an Ag degree mean you know anything agriculture? I thought it just meant we couldn't get into Mays?
cevans_40
AG
Activated charcoal can help get rid of existing chemicals in the soil. I would wait and see what comes back or resod with Bermuda. If in the Houston area, feel free to email me for help. clint@ make my grass green . com
Builder93
AG
Keep an eye on your trees also especially if they are small. That's stuff is bad under trees.....and shrubs for that matter.
longeryak
Is this the female equivalent of throw some reds in with whites so that so spouse will forever take over the laundry?

Keep in mind St Augustine doesn't do much growing until the temps are above 85F everyday.
pants
I've been using Scotts Green Max that I buy from Lowe's on my yard. You just have to look a little while to get past all the weed n feed. It has the highest % nitrogen of anything I've found. I'm thinking about switching to a mix from the local co-op, though, because the Scotts stuff is expensive!
tgivaughn
AG
Free expert advice
Call in your lawn and garden questions at 979-845-5689, or e-mail them during the show to: gardensuccess@tamu.edu

http://kamu.tamu.edu/FMLocal/ShowText.php?show_id=1052762007
IMHO and am sticking to it
ABATTBQ11
AG
Let? I assume you're not married...
Southlake
Lighten up Francis!

The light ribbing was all in good natured! And I learned a lot by reading the responses and realize how well trained my wife is in these matters. Primarily, she is not allowed to affect my lawn in any manner just as I'm not allowed in the wash room...

JSKolache
AG
rancher1953 said:

Only follow Randy Lemmon's advice if you have money to burn. He gets paid each time he mentions a product. First water heavy to leach products out of soil. If you get a heavy rain that will do it. Then find some St. Augustine sod and go back with it. You are good to go then. It may take a while but soon your yard will look good. Follow Neil Sperry's advice and you cannot go wrong. He says never use fertilizer and weed control out of the same bag. Hope this helps.
Point 1 - it's online marketing and is ubiquitous, fyi
texAZtea
AG
Which county are you in? Ask your extension agent or a master gardener.

yourcounty.agrilife.org

replace "yourcounty" with the name of your county
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.