One Week Bathroom Renovation

44,023 Views | 304 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
AggieGunslinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finished vanity without mirrors... vampires...
Scriffer
AG
Good. Goooooooooddd...

The Fife
You planning on covering up those windows between the bedroom and bathroom? It seems like it would be pretty bright in there if someone was asleep and the other person came in later and needed to brush their teeth or something.
AggieFactor
AG
So for after-hours lighting we have multiple options going that should help anyone that is sleeping. Both sides of the glass are going to get frosted which should help diffuse a lot of the light even if all the lights are turned on. The sconces have been placed on a dimmer switch and we tested the lowest setting that still allowed the occupant to function normally and even with both doors open, it wasnt much more than the TV glow that we always have going anyways. You use that in conjunction with the doors and you are golden. This was another reason why I wanted the bathtub and shower on their own switches and not part of the main lighting. Since they are off to the side of the door, if you turn either of those on, even without using the dimmer function, there is not a lot of direct light thrown on the bed. For those middle of the night bathroom runs, I will be installing one of these mini lights on the wall next to the shower so people dont bump into the vanity and the other in the water closet.

https://www.amazon.com/eufy-everywhere-Bedroom-Bathroom-Efficient/dp/B071CFBXXZ/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=led%20night%20light%20stick&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&qid=1517967672&ref_=mp_s_a_1_28&sr=8-28

CapeAggie89
AG
Been following this for awhile and have to say I am impressed with the almost final product. Looking great!

One function in my bathroom is one of the light switches turns on a couple of can lights at a dim setting and then slowly come to full power over a couple of minutes. This is really great in the morning when I get up and head to the bathroom. No one likes the lights to come on at full power instantly. It does it automatically. Tried to find it online to provide a link but could not find one.
cjo03
AG
CapeAggie89 said:

Been following this for awhile and have to say I am impressed with the almost final product. Looking great!

One function in my bathroom is one of the light switches turns on a couple of can lights at a dim setting and then slowly come to full power over a couple of minutes. This is really great in the morning when I get up and head to the bathroom. No one likes the lights to come on at full power instantly. It does it automatically. Tried to find it online to provide a link but could not find one.

pretty sure it's just those bulbs taking a while.. not your switch.
CapeAggie89
AG
Thought that the same at first but after having to replace them, they still came up slowly. Also, all other switches come up instantly. There are three cans that are on this switch. We have other cans on other switches and they come up instantly.

Nice in the morning to help your eyes adjust. It is like having them on a dimmer that slowly increases intensity.
jt2hunt
AG
What type of bulbs are you using? cfl?
AggieFactor
AG
Its all about the details now but family time and sleep are taking precedence so the final product with all the wall decor will definitely leak into the weekend.

Bob_Ag
AG
Great work, must feel a real sense of pride. Really like your color choices and design.
Gary79Ag
AG
Quote:

Its all about the details now but family time and sleep are taking precedence so the final product with all the wall decor will definitely leak into the weekend.
Looking great AggieFactor...if I were you, I'd take a break this weekend, enjoy time with the wife and kid, and finish it up on Tuesday...
AggieFactor
AG
Gary you might get your wish. Kept having water leak under the shower door and after checking all the seals decided to check the slope. Turns out they installed the threshold sloping away from the shower so now they have to come back out to fix it.

Gary79Ag
AG
Quote:

Gary you might get your wish. Kept having water leak under the shower door and after checking all the seals decided to check the slope. Turns out they installed the threshold sloping away from the shower so now they have to come back out to fix it.
WOW, can't believe they screwed up something that should be so obvious...particularily for them!
Scriffer
AG
That's absurd. I'm not even mad this costs me a meaningless victory. Hope they make it right on the quick.
Oogway
That's a pretty big oopsie!

The whole reno looks fabulous AggieFactor! Happy you survived!
The Fife
Hey, there's always that day and a half window that I pulled...
AggieFactor
AG
Well I am calling this one done until the marble guys show up. They have agreed that it is their mistake and will come back and fix it but have not gotten me on the schedule yet. Will post the FINAL photos after we get everything cleaned up and I borrow the mother-in-laws camera for real estate quality photos but here are the final transition gifs from the beginning to the end.

TXAggieMom11
Looks fantastic! Great job!
aezmvp
Wow nice job!
HotardAg07
AG
Great work and cool transition pictures.
notheranymore
Fantastic!
The Fife
Looks nice! For some reason I'm more impressed with the before/after gifs than anything else. I suck at finding the same spot I took the before pics from.
ellebee
Awesome! How's your liver?
Jason Ag
jt2hunt
AG
Is the marble corrected?
Sazerac
AG
Love the style. Paneling looks great.

Congrats.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.