What to pay handyman??

1,079 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SweaterVest
SweaterVest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I put up a backsplash in my kitchen about 6 months ago and have never found time to do the grout. I used the white double sided adhesive, and with white subway tile, it hasn't been to noticeable and I just haven't done it despite having all of the materials. I have about a million other small projects going on and this one just hasn't taken a priority so I'm considering having a handyman do it. I found a handyman on NextDoor that said he can come out and do the grout this evening. I asked him what would be the ballpark cost and he said I can pay whatever I think is fair after he finishes. I'm fine with that but I'd like to know what a reasonably fair price would be for this type of work? Should I base it on time? Anyone have any experience with this and is this a common way for a handyman to price jobs? TIA!
helloag99
You supplying the material

Straight labor, i would think around $50 per hour. Maybe a little more if he is really good.

BTW, I hate these contractors that will not tell you a price. I don't want to cheat them but I don't want to spoil them either.
txagfisher
AG
Location?
SweaterVest
AG
Houston. Thanks for the replies. The guy came last night and did a great job. It took a little over an hour and I paid him $80, which he seemed happy with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.