Easiest way to add water refill to outdoor fountain?

3,349 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FearNoWeevil
Pdawg4224
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have recently had some landscaping done which includes a large outdoor fountain in my front flower bed. However, I am having to manually refill the basin below the fountain every couple of days. Any "do it yourself" ideas on how to add a water line to automatically refill?
Dr. Venkman
AG
Is it leaking somewhere?
Pdawg4224
No it's not leaking. I checked for that. But when it's windy it blows small amounts of the water away. Also, natural evaporation as well.
TexAg1987
https://www.amazon.com/WaterLev-Outdoor-Fountains-Maintains-Fountain/dp/B00C25ZB28

You would need to run a water line.

you could possibly hook it to a zone on your sprinkler system in which case it would fill each time the zone was running.
Aggieangler93
AG
There was a setup like this in our house when we moved in. The guy rigged a toilet float into a water line, so that it would fill the pond. You have to have an area big enough to hide the toilet float, and like someone said above, you have to run a water line to it.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
TexAg1987
https://www.amazon.com/Dial-Manufacturing-Pool-Float-Valve/dp/B000ZOCCIY/ref=pd_sbs_328_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000ZOCCIY&pd_rd_r=ZVJH553YT818A8BYW234&pd_rd_w=K4Epp&pd_rd_wg=5bP65&psc=1&refRID=ZVJH553YT818A8BYW234

sts7049
AG
in my old house we had a water feature in the front yard which had a garden hose buried back to a nearby spigot. it was still manual but at least all you had to do was open the spigot every few days.
beachfront71
AG

run a 1/4 inch drip line to it from a sprinkler head and see if that provides the water volume needed..
FearNoWeevil
AG
Look up stock tank float valves. Same idea as others above. Float is housed in plastic or metal box...keeps critters from fooling with it but also makes it a bit more unobtrusive and easier to hide.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.