Termite Prevention

1,303 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by MrJonMan
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How many of y'all use a professional termite prevention service? I'm pricing some and the initial setup/system is around $500 and requires a monthly servicing additional fee. I've also seen my articles on line about DIY termite prevention which is much cheaper.
fourth deck
AG
Have had the Sentricon bait stations for a few years now. You can't get Sentricon on your own but you can dig a trench and do Termidor on your own.
bam02
AG
BrazosDog02
AG
Termidor.

Don't fool with anything else. Trench yourself or negotiate a company to do it. You don't need to maintain it. Done properly as per instructions, it lasts a life time if you don't disturb it. Barrier treat. RTFM and you'll be good.

Barrier treat now so you don't have to barrier treat plus foam plus drill later.
SnowboardAg
AG
Reviving this one. Looking at termite prevention before I landscape around house and the jury is out - Termidor vs. Sentricon. I just had a pest control owner tell me Sentricon is an upsell and crap - that he recommended Termidor and revisit it again in 10 years. I have family that tells me Sentricon is the way to go based on their experience. I guess I'll turn into a google expert.

I'm thinking I'll just do the Termidor, but what are folks thoughts?
tgivaughn
AG
If you have a pro landscaper or land.arch, then I would get them invovled and even hire them to getRdone as part of their install & WARRANTY that things will live after all that. Only One finger pointing if things die due to soil poisoning, trenching & backfill by potentially .... the 3 stooges.
IMHO and am sticking to it
MrJonMan
AG
If I were doing my own home I would just do Termidor. We actually use Termidor HE these days.

That said I've lived here for 10yrs and never done anything. I'll worry about treating when the day comes that we have an active infestation.
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.