Best Time to Buy Washer/Dryer?

2,875 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was at Lowes & it was the last day of their Memorial Day sale & I was looking at a WD for my condo that my sis lives in. I didn't buy anything so I thought I would just wait till the July 4 sale starts. I just looked online at the WD again & the price is now $ 50 lower on each piece than it was last week. I am thinking I should go ahead & buy. I thought the best price was supposed to be a holiday sale. What is up w/that?
Texker
AG
Compare the final cost. If they are energy star rated then there was no sales tax Memorial Day weekend. Now they are $50/unit cheaper but you have to pay sales tax. I'm guessing if you compare the two that the final cost is about the same.
sts7049
AG
shhh... you figured out the secret
Dandy 76
AG
Generally around one of the major summer holidays: Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July or Labor Day weekend. Also if you know someone active or retired military, take them with you and get an extra 10% off. Of course they'll have to put it in their name but can still pay for it with your credit card.
You can also buy 10% off coupons on eBay for a couple of dollars.
Texas Ag Mom
My son is military so I have that covered! Thanks!
Gary79Ag
AG
Also, you can get the Lowe's moving discount of 10%. Apply online for it and once you receive it, take it to the store along with your receipt and they reduce the bill by 10%. Worked for me!
CAR96
AG
Can anyone recommend a dryer for at or around $1000? Electric.
ChoppinDs40
AG
$1000 dryer? You're crazy
Texas Ag Mom
I am not sure why you would spend that much on a dryer. Doesn't sound like you are going to have a matching set. I just bought one at Lowes on sale for $350.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Last year, i found my fridge at Lowe's a couple cents more than HD, so they matched and knocked off 10%. This was on top of the memorial day promo plus tax free.

Got a crazy good deal.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
We always buy the dents & dings items. We bought a $2300 fridge for $800 at Lowes because one of the shelves inside had a crack about an inch long.

We also got our washer and dryer from Lowes "mark down section" for about $600 for the set, which I think regular price was around $1400. I think they have a small dent in the front. If I were you, I would just periodically check their "mark down/clearance/red tag/whatever they call it section" and find you an awesome washer/dryer set for cheap that may have a small imperfection.

With the money you save, buy some new clothes.
Obi Wan Ginobili
The best time to buy a washer and dryer is when you're running out of clean underwear.
bmfvet
AG
We bought our washer/dryer (gas) at Best Buy in their scratch and dent sale for 40% of retail that I saw randomly when there for something else. The dents are on the side and can't be seen when installed.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Maytag Bravos XL Dryer is very good, I have one and reviews are justifiably outstanding
CAR96
AG
A lot of July 4 deals at all local stores.

Any recommendations on electric dryers?
sleepybeagle
AG
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

We always buy the dents & dings items.

I have HEARD (no experience with this) that you can get a better selection of return and open box items at stores in low socio-economic areas. I have no idea why that is.

Not race/income related (I don't think), but recently when we had our Tempurpedic bed delivered, the set up guy was telling us that he recently delivered the exact bed to a lady who was buying a new one because her old TP had "broke." When he pulled the mattress and box off, he discovered that it wasn't broken, just that the plug had come out and rechargeable battery had gone dead. Thus, it wasn't raising and lowering like she expected. He tried to tell her the old bed was fine and they'd return the new one but she insisted on taking the new one and getting rid of the old one -- which he said wasn't very old. He complied and took the old one home with him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.