Another fence/neighbor question with a little different spin

739 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Kenneth_2003
jakelew04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am hoping to install an automatic driveway gate at my house. My driveway is very narrow with the house on one side and a fence separating my drive from my neighbor's backyard on the other. The fence runs about half the length of the house. The fence is on the property line, and once the fence ends, the edge of the driveway is on the property line.

I can't lose any space on my driveway and comfortably back out my pickup (really wish I had auto folding side mirrors), and backing out can be an adventure for my wife at times. Long-story short, I don't see how there is any way I can get a gate that won't make the tight situation worse without encroaching on my neighbors property a little bit.

I plan to have the gate company come out and tell me as best as they can how much I would be encroaching on the neighbor for various setups. Then I plan to discuss it with the neighbors before doing anything.

Assuming they are cool with it, is there anything I need to do other than just getting the ok? Need to draw up something for them to sign? Could this cause issues later on when/if the neighbors or I move? Is this a horrible idea? Thanks in advance.
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see this going 1 of 3 ways.
1. Little old lady tells you to go ahead and it becomes a headache with her kids (son) when she dies.
2. You're told to pound sand
3. You buy any easement and pay all for all documents and filling
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.