Delta Touch Faucet leaking

23,382 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BosAG06
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I installed a Delta Dominic about 12 months ago. It has the touch technology and has been really great. Recently it has started leaking when I turn the faucet off. My best guess is that the solenoid is not closing all the way and allowing water to continue through. It is the same on hot and cold. I changed the batteries, but I have not taken it apart to look for obstructions yet, but that is probably next on my list. The internet tells me that the solenoid is going and to call Delta and get a new one. There is speculation as to whether they will give me one, or sell me one. Anyone have any other tips I might try?
Josepi
AG
Doesn't Delta have the lifetime warranty on their faucets? Definitely call them first. If they try to sell you one, you can always decline and explore your options.
jamesf
AG
I have a Delta kitchen faucet, and the aerator was all clogged due to hard water. I called them to get a replacement, and they sent me a whole new wand for free. Everything should be under warranty and they will send you the replacement parts for free.
dubi
AG
Take it apart and vinegar the pieces.

They will send you any necessary parts for free. Great customer service.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Went out of town for a bit. Came home and the leak was about gone. Finally got a chance to vinegar the solenoid and it is back to normal operation!
1208HawkTree
AG
Delta will replace anything they make, almost no questions asked. We have Delta faucets throughout the house and have had anything from shower heads, faucet cartridges, a hand shower wand, even our entire kitchen fixture replaced for leaks - some were approaching 10 years old at the time of repair.

All I did was send an email to the customer service address on their website with a brief description of the issue, the part or model#, a couple of pictures, and what I had done already (recommended maintenance, etc). They have ALWAYS been more than accommodating and shipped replacements immediately.
BosAG06
AG
Agreed. After seeing his thread I emailed them about a kitchen faucet we installed 3 years ago that was rusting around the magnet that held the pull out head in place. No questions asked (besides me sending pictures) they sent me replacement parts at zero charge. The parts alone added up for about $180 retail online. I'm a customer for life.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.