Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Sport Courts

6,581 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tbone94
The Silverback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have an idea of approximate cost to put a half court basketball court in their backyard? Obviously it depends on slope and amount of foundation, but just looking for general costs. Something similar to this:

histag10
AG
Cement or asphalt?
The Silverback
AG
Whats better? Cheaper?
FTAG 2000
AG
Just go with concrete for the surface.

Sport courts increase the risk for soft tissue injuries (think ACL, meniscus, etc.)
RichardAg84
AG
That's about the size of the court we had built about 6 years ago. Ours is 30 X 45 with the sport court surface. No fencing with a 3 fixture light system. Cost was about 20K. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have had the surface included - would have just painted lines on concrete. Our surface is constantly moving - contractor claimed that even hurricane force winds wouldn't cause the surface to move, but not true in my case. Even with the problems and hassles, I'm still glad we had it built. Kids and friends thoroughly enjoyed it.

George08
AG
That is bad ass
Talon 07
If you want a surface like that on a concrete slab, we can do it for less than 6k. Hard to give you an exact quote without knowing your intended court size but that's a hard upper boundary. I don't know how serious you are about this but this is what my company does and can do a turnkey job. Let me know if you'd like a hard figure.
Diggity
AG
where are you located Talon? Looking for a bid on a smaller concrete job in my backyard in Houston.
Talon 07
North of Houston actually. What's the best way to contact you?
Diggity
AG
Scottrose@gmail.com
Talon 07
Got it. Thanks
aggiecody06
Talon do you do patios and such? Im wanting to get a backyard patio at the new house I bought and want to get some quotes and thoughts of best way to have it done. Thanks!
Talon 07
Hey Cody, I wish I did but we don't. Our niche is sports and parks construction and we don't really venture outside of that because Ive found that it's hard to be an expert in everything so I just focus on a few things.

That being said, I have picked up a little experience through my own remodeling of my house and can give you some advice on what to consider or know going into it if that would help. Or even recommend good contractors that I think a lot of.
rilloaggie
AG
jarrett
AG
Sport Courts suck
Hollabeck
Bumping this thread from 2016 in case anyone has updated recommendations on a Houston company that can install a sports court. I've got a concrete slab in my backyard that is in bad shape - thinking about starting fresh with new concrete and putting a 20 x 25 basketball court in. I've got a quote coming from Sportscapers but thought others may have gone through this recently. Any experience or recommendations would be appreciated.
tbone94
AG
Call Matt at Hoop Pros. They do work in the Houston area and do a great job. Hooppros.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.