Grand Pines - Bent Water

554 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by GolfAg93
GolfAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I'm playing Grand Pines with a friend who's a member. First time out there and really my first time on a "country club".

Any guidelines or anything I should know before heading out there? For instance, I usually either wear my golf shoes to my local course, or just change into them in the parking lot. Is that uncouth at a place like this?

This all feels dumb to ask but I don't know any of y'all personally so I figured what the hell.
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably goes without saying, but have cash. Have some fives in the mix too for tipping, unless you tip 20's.
SArthur2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grand Pines is great and don't worry about anything being too uppity. Minimal locker room but a good dining/bar area. You'll be surprised how few cars are in the parking lot when you get there.

Right when you park someone will come by with a cart so you might just want to change shoes inside but you'd be fine either way. First tee is by the driving range which is a decent drive from the clubhouse so plan accordingly. You'll pass by the clubhouse again between holes 3 & 4 and again at the turn. Make sure you go left on the split fairway of #13. Have fun, GL!

Poot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Always heard it was really nice. It's pretty high dollar.

Didn't realize it had an Aggie course designer (Blume).
GolfAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Course was in good shape. I wouldn't say I was "wowed" but it was very solid.

As they came over with the cart I asked if they had a locker room to put on my shoes and the attendant replied, "oh you can just put them on right here if you want. We're not that uppity here."

It was definitely a relaxed environment. A lot of fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.