Callaway drops Good Good

9,653 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by hph6203
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am I the only one, who before today, never heard of Good Good?
Peter Piper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duckhook said:

So, just to make this a little relevant, were there many on here that followed GG regularly or bought their merchandise? I don't really follow any YouTube golf content creators like these guys, so that part is a no for me. Their merchandise is not really my style either. But I'm an old guy.

Anybody who watches Youtube golf knows who they are.

I buy my golf clothes from Costco and Wal-Mart so GG merch is obviously out of my price range (and they're out of my targeted age range, too).
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They're big for the under 30 crowd. I watched some of their videos during COVID, because they got recommended as an offshoot of watching Rick Shiels, but they're a bit too fratty and their non-fratty members left to do their own thing. The demographics of Texags are definitely not their target audience.

2 million subscribers on YouTube. Large enough to be a brand sponsor of a PGA Tour event that they paid $6 million do sponsor.

This video is what got them attention and a distillation of why old golf doesn't like them.

.
Duckhook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Peter Piper said:

Duckhook said:

So, just to make this a little relevant, were there many on here that followed GG regularly or bought their merchandise? I don't really follow any YouTube golf content creators like these guys, so that part is a no for me. Their merchandise is not really my style either. But I'm an old guy.

Anybody who watches Youtube golf knows who they are.

I buy my golf clothes from Costco and Wal-Mart so GG merch is obviously out of my price range (and they're out of my targeted age range, too).

I watch some YouTube golf stuff, just don't regularly follow guys like this. I was certainly familiar with the name.
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Peter Piper said:

Duckhook said:

So, just to make this a little relevant, were there many on here that followed GG regularly or bought their merchandise? I don't really follow any YouTube golf content creators like these guys, so that part is a no for me. Their merchandise is not really my style either. But I'm an old guy.

Anybody who watches Youtube golf knows who they are.

I buy my golf clothes from Costco and Wal-Mart so GG merch is obviously out of my price range (and they're out of my targeted age range, too).

I've only ever watched Rick Shields and recently Bryson's channel, maybe a few smaller channels.

I buy my golf stuff on the cheap too so if GG was as outrageous as the expensive brands, I probably skipped right past their stuff.

The video with the obviously staged reaction/run up to the hole in one, would have for sure turned me off.
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not staged. They played lots and lots of rounds in a scramble format. They were on a short par 4 and hit a hole in one. It happens. They had multiple camera people on all of their rounds so they know when a shot goes in.
.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.