Hole-In-One Legit?

3,663 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by steve00
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mean a hole in one is a hole in one. People trying to take away other people's hole in ones are why people make fun of golfers. Did you make a hole in one? Yes? Then claim it and enjoy it. If you want to then tell people "well, yes I made one but it was on a par 3 course and the hole was only 90 yards long, but it felt special to me regardless," then say that. But it doesn't matter if you do or not. You made it. Enjoy it. And let other people enjoy their hole in one even if it doesn't satisfy your own arbitrary conditions. Aren't we wanting people to enjoy golf? It's a hard enough game without people going and telling you your best shot ever didn't actually count. They all count.
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's safe to say that a totally unserious and good spirited debate on the texags golf board isn't likely to impact anyone's ability to enjoy the game.
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JCA1 said:

I think it's safe to say that a totally unserious and good spirited debate on the texags golf board isn't likely to impact anyone's ability to enjoy the game.


That's a good bet!
One day at a time.
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I imagine the OP saw the responses and was like "my work here is done"
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want to go on record that I'm good with fewer people enjoying golf. Country clubs are bursting at the seams and their fees are bonkers now. We need fewer golfers. If all it takes is being a dick about holes in one, then I may not be the hero you want, but I am the hero you need.
JFrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My only hole in one hit a rock short and bounced in on a temporary green. I was 13. I've always claimed it.
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Facts:
1. Ball is placed on a tee.
2. Ball is struck by the golfer.
3. Ball ends up in the hole.
4. That's a hole in one.

Congratulations.
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zephyr88 said:

Facts:
1. Ball is placed on a tee.
2. Ball is struck by the golfer.
3. Ball ends up in the hole.
4. That's a hole in one.

Congratulations.
Number 1 is optional.
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
G Martin 87 said:

zephyr88 said:

Facts:
1. Ball is placed on a tee.
2. Ball is struck by the golfer.
3. Ball ends up in the hole.
4. That's a hole in one.

Congratulations.

Number 1 is optional.

ouch
Hill08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While it's a nice talking point, I say "official" HIO's occur on the regulation course only
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have been playing this game for 4 decades. I have a half dozen or so hole outs from 200+, another dozen or so from inside 200 and have never had an ace. I've had tons of near aces but no frickin ace. A couple of you who post here were in the same API tourney with me years ago at the old Bryan Muni where I holed 52* wedges from a little over 105 on #5 for eagles on back to back days.

If I get an ace, anywhere on any course from any tees I am calling it an ace. I have to have one before I die!
www.elitellp.net/

RealMcCoy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Personally, I would say it counts. We have a par three course at Midland CC, The Judy, names after golf legend and native Midlander Judy Rankin, and if you ace any of the holes, and tell the pro shop, they will give you a flag from the Judy. I have friends who have made an ace on the Judy and some say it counts, so shrug it off.

I have one on the 18 hole course, I also got a flag for hitting it in.


I think the real test here, if you were using a Titleist golf ball for your hole in one, or any hole in one for that matter, and you write to Titleist and tell them about it, they will send you a bag tag with your name on it, free of charge, to commemorate the hole in one. Write to them and tell them about yours and let them be the judge!

EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.titleist.com/hole-in-one
www.elitellp.net/

Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RealMcCoy09 said:

Personally, I would say it counts. We have a par three course at Midland CC, The Judy, names after golf legend and native Midlander Judy Rankin, and if you ace any of the holes, and tell the pro shop, they will give you a flag from the Judy. I have friends who have made an ace on the Judy and some say it counts, so shrug it off.

I have one on the 18 hole course, I also got a flag for hitting it in.


I think the real test here, if you were using a Titleist golf ball for your hole in one, or any hole in one for that matter, and you write to Titleist and tell them about it, they will send you a bag tag with your name on it, free of charge, to commemorate the hole in one. Write to them and tell them about yours and let them be the judge!




I need to do this!
Azeew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Made one on the A&M practice course at Traditions. I don't tell anyone I made a HI1
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Part of the challenge of having a hole in one is that there's only ~4 chances for it per round.
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some courses have more. For example 5,7,9 13 and 15 at Houston Oaks.
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the real answer is, would you be proud to tell your hole in one story to all the people at the 19th hole.

I wouldn't be if it was on an executive course. Doesn't mean it didn't count, but I woudn't tell anyone about it outside my normal group.
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't play golf for others so their opinion doesn't matter to me. I would probably be loud and proud over any ace and wouldn't care one bit about some shade farmer throwing his crop at me
www.elitellp.net/

zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hill08 said:

While it's a nice talking point, I say "official" HIO's occur on the regulation course only

According to GHIN, you can post your score on a Par 3 course if the course is longer than 750 yards for a 9-hole course, or if it's longer than 1,500-yards for a 18-hole course; and the facility must have an active Course Rating and Slope Rating issued by your local golf association.

So there's lots of options and ways to do it.

side note, the USGA Sr. Women's Open had a 87 yard par 3 just last week.
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EliteElectric said:

I don't play golf for others so their opinion doesn't matter to me. I would probably be loud and proud over any ace and wouldn't care one bit about some shade farmer throwing his crop at me

I love the dichotomy of you saying you don't care about people's opinions, but in the next sentence you say you would be loud and proud to telll people about it.

Something doesn't add up here.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.