Cost of new clubs!!!

8,655 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by AgFrogfan
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
austinag1997 said:

New for $619. Probably with an Alta shaft.

Also insane.



I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agracer said:

New shafts installed.

Clubs seem much easier to swing. Distance has come down a bit (150 to 143 on the 7-iron).

I hit off the PGA Superstore launch monitor today with several balls. They have the overhead trackman that grabs a ton of data. The TruFeel ball I wanted to play is terrible for me. I launch it way to high and kill my distance even more (7I was like 132).

When I tried the Kirkland ball it went back above 140 and the ProV1 was at 145 (of course!!!).

Probably will stick with the Kirkland ball at less than half the price of the ProV1 and suck up the lost 5-yards.

buy mint Pro V1's from lost golf balls.
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TPS_Report said:

austinag1997 said:

New for $619. Probably with an Alta shaft.

Also insane.


Yeah, all drivers new are insane. Used $610. New $619. The used price is more insane. Unless it has a custom shaft.

All of my woods have Mitsubishi shafts. Don't know what to think of Ping's allegiance to Alta shafts.

I bought new shafts with Taylormade adapters so I can mix or match my club heads. M3 or Qi10. Have a bag in NOLA and a bag in Austin. Hence the ability to mix and match. Strughling with the new shaft and Qi10 head. Shaft issue. Certain.
Icecream_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
TPS_Report said:

austinag1997 said:

New for $619. Probably with an Alta shaft.

Also insane.
was at the pga super store a few months back and they had a used Callaway(epic I think) with the basic shaft for almost full price. The other side of the rack had brand new ones on clearance for almost $300 off.

Noticed they do that A LOT with their used irons. My favorite was a set of Mizuno 243s (5-P) for $1800 while the 4-P off the rack was "only" $1200 (after the never ending 1 weekend only discount was applied)
Van Buren Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
austinag1997 said:

TPS_Report said:

austinag1997 said:

New for $619. Probably with an Alta shaft.

Also insane.


Yeah, all drivers new are insane. Used $610. New $619. The used price is more insane. Unless it has a custom shaft.

All of my woods have Mitsubishi shafts. Don't know what to think of Ping's allegiance to Alta shafts.

I bought new shafts with Taylormade adapters so I can mix or match my club heads. M3 or Qi10. Have a bag in NOLA and a bag in Austin. Hence the ability to mix and match. Strughling with the new shaft and Qi10 head. Shaft issue. Certain.


I broke the stock Mitsu shaft on my GT2 when I hit the alignment stick practicing with my 3D printed training brick. Switched to a Tour AD VF shaft and couldn't be happier.

agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
austinag1997 said:



I have scrificed some distance with my new clubs, but I am fine with that. I kmew that going in. I prefer a higher launch. Problem with the Taylormade M3s is they are delofted for distance. I grew tired of that. Looked for some loft and spin from many of my higher irons.

I can hit a hybrid or lofted 3W if I need to.

It's not so much the distance as the fact that the ball flight is a balloon now, instead of a piercing launch off the face with a steep decent to stopping on the green. The balloon flight is tougher to control and when it's windy (I live in KS!) it's all over the place. Irons just don't feel right.

Going for a fitting next week. Gave my wife a sob story about how bad a mistake a made and was trying to be cheap (we both are honestly) and she said "you have money from refereeing soccer, use that a buy yourself some new clubs!".....I'm going to lean Titleist T150 or T250 b/c I really liked those AP2's and I'm going to have to try not to be biased in the fitting.
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
See if you can do an outdoor fitting somewhere.
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agracer said:

austinag1997 said:



I have scrificed some distance with my new clubs, but I am fine with that. I kmew that going in. I prefer a higher launch. Problem with the Taylormade M3s is they are delofted for distance. I grew tired of that. Looked for some loft and spin from many of my higher irons.

I can hit a hybrid or lofted 3W if I need to.

It's not so much the distance as the fact that the ball flight is a balloon now, instead of a piercing launch off the face with a steep decent to stopping on the green. The balloon flight is tougher to control and when it's windy (I live in KS!) it's all over the place. Irons just don't feel right.

Going for a fitting next week. Gave my wife a sob story about how bad a mistake a made and was trying to be cheap (we both are honestly) and she said "you have money from refereeing soccer, use that a buy yourself some new clubs!".....I'm going to lean Titleist T150 or T250 b/c I really liked those AP2's and I'm going to have to try not to be biased in the fitting.

Prove your cheapness... get you some sweet Pinemeadow sticks!





I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DGrimesAg92 said:

I have an 6'-5" 18yr old, headed to play D-1 golf, the last set I bought for him was a complete custom fit set, through Bobby Dean, and they cost me close to $6,000.

Luckily, those days are over, now it's all free.


He will get a new set every year for free.
hunterjr81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heck the shaft for my driver is $350 by itself. (Fujikura Ventus Blue). I discovered this as the shaft I had in it broke after gently falling to the ground.
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hunterjr81 said:

Heck the shaft for my driver is $350 by itself. (Fujikura Ventus Blue). I discovered this as the shaft I had in it broke after gently falling to the ground.


I was looking at a Misubishi Vanquish Blue shaft until I saw the $395 price tag. Gripped and adapter, but dang.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does insurance cover this? Probably a Nicklaus fan.



stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
mm98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude probably had a double meat sandwich and chips in the bag.
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mm98 said:

Dude probably had a double meat sandwich and chips in the bag.


The dang crows have snagged bags of chips out of our carts also. Waiting on a club cover to get picked up.
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
austinag1997 said:

mm98 said:

Dude probably had a double meat sandwich and chips in the bag.


The dang crows have snagged bags of chips out of our carts also. Waiting on a club cover to get picked up.

The grackles and squirrels at Forest Creek (Round Rock) used to be ruthless snatching breakfast tacos from unattended golf carts.



I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
DGrimesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
steve00 said:

Sounds like a smart investment for free college.


"Ain't nothin free"
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.