The Open

13,568 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by E
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not like he went there because he loves the longhorns. It was bc of coaches and teammates. And not like Justin Leonard where it's constant reminders of being a sip. Scottie is easy to root for.
aggiebonzo
AG
Now that Scottie's putter has ejected him from the tournament feel like it's Rose or Schauffeles to take. Indifferent to either player so hopefully it's an exciting finish.
Buck Compton
AG
aggiebonzo said:

Now that Scottie's putter has ejected him from the tournament feel like it's Rose or Schauffeles to take. Indifferent to either player so hopefully it's an exciting finish.
Just please don't be a dude named Thriston…
98Ag99Grad
AG
Lawrence looks solid. See if he can hold it together for 9 more holes.

And Billy leaking oil now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Burns catching a train out of Troon. Spectacular flameout by that dude
98Ag99Grad
AG
Xander now tied and Lawrence scrambling
'03ag
I can't look at Horschel without thinking his hat says Libido on it
AgLA06
AG
'03ag said:

I can't look at Horschel without thinking his hat says Libido on it

He can be a quirky dude at times which I imagine can turn some people off. He's one guy I tend to root for. He's run the gamet in life between his wife's alcoholism and the extended struggles with his game. His been atop of the golf world and almost to the bottom again.

But by all accounts he's a genuinely good dude and father and I can't imagine how hard he's had to work not only in his home life, but to find his form again. He may not win the Fedex cup again, but this is two tournaments now he's had a chance to win this year.
jonj101
Wow...Billy's shot out of that grass.

Edit: I'm rooting for Xander to close it out though.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think Xander's bag weighs more than his caddie
aggiebrad16
AG
Rose with the driver off the deck!!
98Ag99Grad
AG
This is a fantastic round by Xander.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Does Rose have a deal with Puma? Sporting Nike and Millar while his caddie is wearing a Puma hat. I guess he let his caddie cut his own deal
CapCityAg89
AG
Really wanted Justin to win this. But love love love watching a guy just go GET it.
CapCityAg89
AG
Agree with all that but I don't think he can win with that stuff he does with the putter. So awkward
98Ag99Grad
AG
Assuming Xander closes this out, you take his season over Scheffler right? 2 majors is always better than 1 and a bunch of regular tournaments IMO.
aggiebonzo
AG
Man it's really close. First player to back to back the Players and some BDE events in there for Scottie. I think I'd take the Majors though.

Also, Valhalla felt like anything but a major compared to the other three this year and Scottie was arrested which tarnished it some.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Masters and Players with four other wins vs. PGA and the Open?

Personally, I'd take Scottie's.
Bunk Moreland
98Ag99Grad said:

Assuming Xander closes this out, you take his season over Scheffler right? 2 majors is always better than 1 and a bunch of regular tournaments IMO.

Going to be a fun final stretch for POY
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Masters makes it a tougher choice than it probably should be, but I take the multiple majors. As dominant as Scottie has been the past few years, Xander now has just as many majors. That's what gets remembered
bagger05
AG
I think you take the two majors.
bagger05
AG
Fantastic performance. Well deserved.

Glad Xander has that "can't close" stink off of him. He's a great player. Balled out on Sunday to win both.
AgLA06
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Different players in different places. Xander has been a top 20 machine known for fading in the majors on Sunday. Got to believe what the last couple of months have done for his confidence is much bigger for him than Scottie. Not to mention how it's set him up for the playoffs.
Bunk Moreland
Very well deserved for Xander. When you're on top of your game you gotta cash in and he absolutely did it this season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Scottie would be 3/4 the way to a career grand slam if he had Xander's year. I think he'd take it too
concac
AG
Xander doesn't have to travel far to go to Paris for a chance to win his second gold medal.
98Ag99Grad
AG
The Masters and US Open have traditionally been the 2 he plays the best so a real chance for the career slam in the coming years for Xander.
CapCityAg89
AG
Barring the PGA fiasco and the fact he can't putt, Scottie wins the GS. I don't think it's very ever seen someone who hits the ball that well who just can't do anything on the greens.
Bunk Moreland
Big question will be can Scottie sustain that elite all round game, and if he can't how long does he have it.

Spieth was all but anointed 8 GS's years back. Could move it left and right, putt better than anyone, etc. Hell Rory too but sub putting for driving.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Great finish for Billy.
aggiebonzo
AG
I think Scottie's game is going to be around for awhile. I think the putter is what it is though and going to be the only thing that dictates how many majors he wins. He was number one tee to green at Pinehurst and dead last in putting.
Bunk Moreland
Billy and Rosey gotta be wondering what kind of train just hit them. They both met the challenge on Sunday to win a major and got fleeced. Xander was that good.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah really good scores in the final groups just one guy with an extra gear. Good playing all around
Bunk Moreland
2025:

Augusta
Quail Hollow
Oakmont
Royal Portrush
aggiebrad16
AG
If Justin Rose wore this i would swear he has 2 daughters in Mays and was a '96 grad from the school of architecture. $2mm in his retirement accounts and talks with his friends about retiring when he hits 50. Life is good for Rosey in an alternate universe.

He looks like every Aggie dad I've ever known.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.