The Open

13,566 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by E
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tiger in 2024 Majors (so far).

87 shots behind the winners / leaders.

Masters
Tiger +16
Winner -11
27 shots back

PGA Championship
Tiger +7(Cut or it would have been worse)
Winner -21
26 shots back

US Open
Tiger +7 (Cut or it would have been worse)
Winner -6
13 shots back

The Open
Tiger +14 (Cut or it would have been worse)
Leader -7
21 shots back (so far)
Aggie Therapist
AG
I've never seen a user hate on the Goat so much.

Yeah, he's probably past his time but why ruminate over it so much lol
Bunk Moreland
Who's hating on Nicklaus?
DonHenley
AG
The only major Tiger can make the cut at is Augusta. The Maters is the only major I could see him every finishing Top 20 again. Even in his declined state, he knows his way around that place. Tiger just doesn't play enough because of his beaten up body. Can't prep for Majors if you don't play.
powerbelly
AG
Because they dedicate so much coverage to a guy double digits off the lead.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

There's not much to hate on Jack the GOAT's career....
98Ag99Grad
AG
some really big numbers out there-

Wyndham Clark +16
Rory currently +12
Nieman made an 8 on the postage stamp hole getting a tour of the bunkers
JCA1
AG
My takeaway so far is that "The Gorse" would make a great death metal band name.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Basically the same age and playing career left
Aggie Therapist
AG
powerbelly said:

Because they dedicate so much coverage to a guy double digits off the lead.

I completely agree they need to show Tiger less.

I think they only over do it because they know TexAgs will get upset
class of 03
Facts
Bunk Moreland
Neimann has it all the way back to even after his 8 on the par 3 earlier.

Rahm also even.

MacIntyre battling back to try and make the cut

Good action out there.
AgLA06
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I've never seen a user white night so hard on someone so uncompetitive.
snowaggie
Rahm just went 404 off the tee and reached the bunker designed to keep you from running it up on the green with your 2nd shot. Yeah...they're not just like us.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kansas Kid said:

wangus12 said:

Wish he'd hang it up at this point. He'd get smoked on the Senior Tour at point

Colin Montgomerie "Aren't we there? I'd have thought we were past there. There is a time for all sportsmen to say goodbye, but it's very difficult to tell Tiger it's time to go. Obviously, he still feels he can win. We are more realistic.

Tiger -
"Well, as a past champion, I'm exempt until I'm 60. Colin's not,"the 48-year-old Woods told reporters. "He's not a past champion, so he's not exempt. So he doesn't get the opportunity to make that decision. I do."

Tiger may not be able to win golf tournaments, but he's still a cold blooded killer. Never miss a chance to put that whiny, floppy titted Colon Montgomerie in his place
Buck Compton
AG
snowaggie said:

Rahm just went 404 off the tee and reached the bunker designed to keep you from running it up on the green with your 2nd shot. Yeah...they're not just like us.
Imagine if Rahm took more than half a backswing
GIF Reactor
AG
Kansas Kid said:

wangus12 said:

Wish he'd hang it up at this point. He'd get smoked on the Senior Tour at point

Colin Montgomerie "Aren't we there? I'd have thought we were past there. There is a time for all sportsmen to say goodbye, but it's very difficult to tell Tiger it's time to go. Obviously, he still feels he can win. We are more realistic.

Tiger -
"Well, as a past champion, I'm exempt until I'm 60. Colin's not," the 48-year-old Woods told reporters. "He's not a past champion, so he's not exempt. So he doesn't get the opportunity to make that decision. I do."
concac
AG
AgLA06 said:

Aggie Therapist said:

I've never seen a user white night so hard on someone so uncompetitive.

In every major, half the field is uncompetitive.

Don't know why people care if he's playing as long as he's earned that right. People hating for no good reason.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Newsflash - the Masters, British, and PGA let guys play until they are old men because they earned it. Many, many (most, if not all, actually) keep playing many years past the time that they have any chance to win. Of course, sometimes a guy who seemingly has had zero shot in years makes a run at winning one (see Tom Watson 2009 - the man had not made a cut in any major in 4 years). Very rare but has happened. Try not to get your panties too wadded over this particular old man playing.

If you have an issue with the broadcast focusing on him, then take it up with them. Tiger is playing golf, not in the production room in the tv trailer
CrockerAg98
AG
Tiger finished a whopping stroke behind the second ranked player in the world for the two rounds.

He certainly isn't the Tiger of old, but that course is destroying a lot of people.
AgLA06
AG
Thanks captain obvious. We understand how it works. That's not the conversation that's continued on these threads from the other majors.

You know what they don't do to those guys hobling around the course enjoying the uncompetitive 2 rounds they've earned?

Show Every Damn Shot.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You posted that he should hang it up, so apparently it is the conversation.

And while always being amazed at Tiger's game and accomplishment in his prime, I also always thought from day 1 that he was a major dick and was therefore not a fan overall. It was compelling golf to watch, but I was also always hoping someone would step up to the challenge. So I can't believe someone is being such a little whiner that I feel compelled to defend him
JCA1
AG
Like it or not, Tiger still moves the needle more than just about anyone. His galleries are still enormous. The broadcast is catering to its audience.

I get it if people don't like it. But acting shocked and perplexed about why they're showing him is dumb. As long as Tiger still draws eyeballs, he will be shown on TV. It would be great if people would just acknowledge this and not have every major thread devolve into this argument (which is itself ironic for those complaining about how much oxygen he gets).
Aggie Therapist
AG

98Ag99Grad
AG
Watching NBC coverage and it has previously recorded showing in the bottom right but also live on the left. This is live right? Don't see anything about a weather delay.

Ha it was just removed. Guess someone in the production trailer was sleeping.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I am still curious about Phil and his sunglasses. Dude is the only person out there wearing shades. It's like they are prescription and he can't find his nonshaded ones so he just makes due with the shades. Can he not afford a pair of Bono tinted glasses? Maybe he lost a bet or is just showing support for Joe Biden.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Google actually came thru for me. For anyone else curious:

What gives? After his round, Mickelson explained in a tweet to CBS Sports golf writer Kyle Porter: "They are light enhancement glasses that are made for overcast and rainy days," Mickelson wrote. "They add light, helps to read greens, and protects from wind and rain drops.May 20, 2023
Bunk Moreland
Not just threads on TA. I heard conversation about it on 2 national Sirius sports radio stations yesterday too.

That said, The Open is the major that shows him the least so it wasn't awful this week, and his recent poor play seems to be pushing us closer to a point where the other 3 won't feel the need to feature him every time he picks his nose over actual golf action on the course so it'll correct itself soon enough.

Now everyone enjoy the last weekend of major golf this year.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Just had a hawk tuah after that shot by Henley
2wealfth Man
AG
why don't they stop play in this downpour; this is not a fair test of someone's golfing skill
Hub `93
AG
Oh, Billy. Billy, Billy, Billy.
BayAg_14
Brutal bunker.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Nice tight leaderboard now
aggiebrad16
AG
I feel like Justin Rose is just out there having fun. Smiles after each shot (granted he's playing really well). Makes me want him to win this.

Meanwhile Lowry starting to seems shaky. That was a rough birdie miss on 10
MAROON
AG
Brown firing up a lung dart on 11. Homage to John Daly!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.