The Open

13,581 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by E
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty impressive round for Phil given these conditions. He said the course/wind layout is good for a left handed player.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Pretty impressive round for Phil given these conditions. He said the course/wind layout is good for a left handed player.

Oh Phil.....

Da **** does that mean...
Bunk Moreland
late afternoon guys get the weather break today. We'll see what happens when it flips tomorrow.
Bunk Moreland

Here you go. All about the winds as he goes out and back in apparently.
aginlakeway
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

late afternoon guys get the weather break today. We'll see what happens when it flips tomorrow.

So Woods got a break and shot 79? (sarcasm)
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
AggieDruggist89
AG
Confused, so the back nine has the prevailing wind and draw is better? RH golfers can draw too you know... Unless left is bad???
AgLA06
AG
I'm beyond over Brandel Chamblee.

He's ranting again about how courses not being set up to penalize players who hit it longer and rely on their scrambling to win. Of course no one mentions that's probably because Brandel wasn't a long hitter and somehow thinks driving distance followed by quality pitching and putting isn't near as important as hitting 265 yard drive down the middle like he used to in order to set up that middle iron to the green.
Kansas Kid
AggieDruggist89 said:

Confused, so the back nine has the prevailing wind and draw is better? RH golfers can draw too you know... Unless left is bad???
Don't listen to him. He was getting into betting advantages and he has never gambled.
Bunk Moreland

Totally expected day 1 leader here.
Kansas Kid
So will he make the cut this week? He wouldn't be the first round 1 leader to miss the cut at The Open.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Oh no doubt...

He's talking nonsense jibberish. just pissed off he has to wear joggers after losing a bet to Grant Horvat.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'll say makes cut but shoots significantly worse tomorrow, like 77.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Is it windy in the afternoon?

I hope it's gale force wind and they all shoot in the 80's.
Kansas Kid
Let's go for hurricane force winds and scores in the 90s.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Wind is only going up to 18mph... maybe gust up to 25.

They'll shoot in the 70's.
Kansas Kid
AggieDruggist89 said:

Wind is only going up to 18mph... maybe gust up to 25.

They'll shoot in the 70's.

We want pain and suffering with many players seeking out F golf to vent their frustrations.
Baby Billy
AG
AgLA06 said:

He's ranting again about how courses not being set up to penalize players who hit it longer and rely on their scrambling to win. Of course no one mentions that's probably because Brandel wasn't a long hitter and somehow thinks driving distance followed by quality pitching and putting isn't near as important as hitting 265 yard drive down the middle like he used to in order to set up that middle iron to the green.

Completely insufferable. I mute every time he comes on.
CAR96
AG
Tiger at +11 and on the day +3 so far.

He just can't do it anymore. Wishing he could be competitive.
45-70Ag
AG
Baby Billy said:

AgLA06 said:

Completely insufferable. I mute every time he comes on.

He really is difficult to listen to and where he went to college explains his constant whining.
Danny Vermin
CAR96 said:

Tiger at +11 and on the day +3 so far.

He just can't do it anymore. Wishing he could be competitive.

What he needs to do is play a tournament before a major. If he's feeling that much better then it shouldn't be a problem.
cb1919
AG
Lowry should get another penalty for taking so damn long on this drop
Aggie Therapist
AG
10% Diet Coke
90% Jim Beam
Bunk Moreland
Brown to himself: "Piss poor shot, lad"....then gets an awesome kick out right into the fairway. Dude is living right so far.
wangus12
AG
Wish he'd hang it up at this point. He'd get smoked on the Senior Tour at point
cb1919
AG
No he wouldn't
AggieDruggist89
AG
Tiger would dominate the champions tour, imo. I remember Trevino, Jack, Irwin... Absolutely dominate the senior tour as rookies. Jack was winning a ton and said, this isn't fun and quit.
Kansas Kid
wangus12 said:

Wish he'd hang it up at this point. He'd get smoked on the Senior Tour at point

Colin Montgomerie "Aren't we there? I'd have thought we were past there. There is a time for all sportsmen to say goodbye, but it's very difficult to tell Tiger it's time to go. Obviously, he still feels he can win. We are more realistic.

Tiger -
"Well, as a past champion, I'm exempt until I'm 60. Colin's not," the 48-year-old Woods told reporters. "He's not a past champion, so he's not exempt. So he doesn't get the opportunity to make that decision. I do."
98Ag99Grad
AG
Justin Thomas hitting the eject button. +6 through his first 6. +3 total
Kansas Kid
98Ag99Grad said:

Justin Thomas hitting the eject button. +6 through his first 6. +3 total

I thought Brown might do that but he is hanging in well.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Hang 'em up Tiger, it's over.
AgLA06
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Tiger would dominate the champions tour, imo. I remember Trevino, Jack, Irwin... Absolutely dominate the senior tour as rookies. Jack was winning a ton and said, this isn't fun and quit.
I'm not sure that would be the case.

However, if both he and Phil did join full time it would completely reinvent that tour. (yes I know the PGA wouldn't let Phil).
AgLA06
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Hang 'em up Tiger, it's over.
Yep. Time for promotional events and ceremonial tee shots unless something drastically changes.
Kansas Kid
Watch The Open on days like this (ie normal Scottish weather) makes you wonder why do we have the game of golf. I would have given up after a couple rounds.
Out in Left Field
AG
Rory's having a good time
aggiedent
AG
Tiger just looks miserable every time he plays. As the round goes on he just looks beat down……..like an old man. I just can't see him competing at the level needed to win for 4 rounds.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.