Marble Falls/Kingsland courses

1,684 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Matsui
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heading up to the lake this weekend and currently got rounds scheduled at Lighthouse and Delaware springs. Anyone been out there lately? Curious what kind of shape they are in.
Thisguy1
Lighthouse was a dump when we played it Master's weekend. Greens were pretty much unplayable.
AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

Heading up to the lake this weekend and currently got rounds scheduled at Legends and Delaware springs. Anyone been out there lately? Curious what kind of shape they are in.

Edited: meant to say legends, not lighthouse
clyde billy
AG
Played in a scramble at Delaware Springs a month ago and really enjoyed the course. It was the first time to play it and thought it was in good overall shape. We played Legends that weekend as well and thought it was a fun course too. Y'all will have fun out there.
Pinche Guero
AG
Legends is the way to go, Lighthouse is redoing all their greens and have temp greens on every hole
Prexys Moon
AG
Legends is awesome. condos for rent and lots of cool houses on vrbo if you want a group trip getaway
Thisguy1
We played Legends that same Master's weekend and it was in really good shape.
Baby Billy
AG
Escondido
beerad12man
AG
Deleware's greens are in the best shape.

I personally like Legends the best of all of the courses out there. Just the best views and vibe. The front 9 is pretty wide open. Greens are solid. Not as good as Deleware, but I like the course itself and the views better.

Lighthouse had fallen behind, but is slowly improving. Unfortunately they still have a lot of temporary greens. But like Legends, it's another course with great views.

Hidden Falls (Marble Falls) is probably my least favorite of the 4 in that area. Still a fun little course for a change of pace every now and then. Currently the greens are better than Lighthouse, but in the past, Lighthouse has typically been better.

These are the four courses I play most by far. Llano River is also in the area. It's playable in a pinch when all the others are booked up. Another 20 minutes west of Kingsland.
Aggie2
If you have the cash Horseshoe Bay resort courses are great.
JFrench
AG
Goal is to live somewhere in this area because of all these courses.

Llanos greens were incredible late last year. First time I'd played it and was shocked considering drought and freeze plagues over the years.

Anyone played Hancock in Lampasas? Or San Saba?
agsalaska
AG
Last I heard Hancock was in great shape. That is the kind of course that a 5 handicap can shoot 69 on. Could not be any easier.

I love Delaware and Legends both. Legends was a course during all the Covid nonsense that said to hell with all of that nonsense and they just left things normal.

First time I ever played Delaware was probably ten years ago. I was living in Vegas and flew down and played with some relatives. Those were the fastest greens I have ever putted on. Faster than TPC Summerlin the day after the PGA tournament. I mean they were flying. Apparently they had some big locals tournament the day before. I have never seen them quite that fast since then. Great course.

I could play both Legends and Delaware every day.
clyde billy
AG
Well, how did you like those courses?
JFrench
AG
The people that run Legends are great. I've had good interactions with them the few times I've played. Walked off with a birdie there last time too.

One day I'm going to do a muni tour through that area. Haven't played Schreiner either.

Edited to comment on the greens. I talk and ask a lot of questions. Was told that Lighthouse new greens keeper is formerly from Llano River and maybe Delaware before that. Lighthouse is fun too so hopefully the greens get better soon.
AustinCountyAg
We ended up playing legends and Delaware. Both were great for the price. Legends wide open off the tee and deleware more of a shot shapers course and made you think off the tee. Enjoyed them both
Matsui
AG
Excellent !
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.