Hilton Head courses

741 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by patreyus
goags2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After spending a day in historic Savannah.
Have a townhome near the lighthouse area.
Hope to play the big 3 Sea Pines courses, but if cannot, what are your favorites?
Any spa choices for the wife?
There is a free trolley to the Sea Pines Beach club. Is that a good beach to visit, or another?
Is the hour drive to historic Beaufort worth it?
StEdsCOOG
I've only played the Sea Pines courses so I can't help with golf. Ate dinner at Sea Pines Beach Club and thought the food was so so. We didn't make it down to the sand but I thought the beach looked nice. Favorite place we ate at was the Quarterdeck which is next to the Harbour Town Lighthouse. Great bar upstairs. You can drink on the patio while waiting for your table and watch the boats come in and it looks down #18 at Harbour Town. Nice view if you catch the sun setting. We hit up Beaufort on the way to Charleston and thought the strip along the water was a neat stop.
benlbates
AG
Atlantic dunes is a lot of fun and half the price of Harbour. After playing both, I don't think I'd play HT again. Cool to watch the RBC after playing it but it's overpriced for what it is- great final three holes.
patreyus
AG
I've spent a bunch of summers in Hilton head when I was living on the East coast. I would agree that Harbor Town is overrated. I would look at Atlantic Dunes is a nice track and so is Heron Point (Pete Dye course). Palmetto Dunes has 3 courses I like the Trent Jones course the best.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.