RTJ Trail Ross Bridge/Oxmoor Valley?

1,360 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by C ROC N
C ROC N
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Want to hear from those who have played these courses? Worth the stop? I am going to stop in Alabama for a pitstop before heading to Columbia, SC. If there are better choices along I-20 on my way, please leave your suggestions. Heading out in mid July to a competition in South Carolina and would like to stop and play a few nice courses. Thanks for your advice!
Poot
ABSOLUTELY worth the stop. Gorgeous golf courses.

Be sure to play Ridge at Oxmoor Valley. The elevation changes are dramatic on the Ridge course. Valley is a fine course, but it's more run of the mill in that regard.

Ross Bridge is a MONSTER. It's a huge golf course. It's a grand setting in that the cart paths are usually 50-75 yards away from the green complexes.
Project Gemini
AG
Agreed, worth the stop
zgolfz85
AG
Totally worth it
SArthur2012
AG
I went there in April with some buddies and it's absolutely worth it. I can't speak on the other courses but we played Ross Bridge twice, the Ridge course twice, and the Valley course once.

I would make the trip just to play Ross Bridge. Incredible property and is massive (8200 yards from the tips...). The Ridge course comes in at 2nd place and had an cool amount of undulation. I wouldn't waste your time with the Valley course.

There are also some great houses on the property. Hope this helps! Feel free to message me if you want to know more.
gestapoparrot
Silver Lakes Heartbreaker and Backbreaker about as good as Ridge. Grand National and Capitol Hill probably a bit too out of the way but are the other gems I think of the RTJ, though I still need to play Cambrian
jlb82
AG
Would agree with the previous comments. Easily #1 would be Ross Bridge and then Ridge course at Oxmoor Valley. Valley course a distant third. Oxmoor courses also have an 18 hole par 3 course which is fun.

Would highly recommend Pursell Farms in Sylacauga which is about an hour southeast of Birmingham. A little out of your way but worth it. The two Auburn courses are also good and they have a par three course as well. The Judge in Prattville is a beast.
zgolfz85
AG
jlb82 said:

Would agree with the previous comments. Easily #1 would be Ross Bridge and then Ridge course at Oxmoor Valley. Valley course a distant third. Oxmoor courses also have an 18 hole par 3 course which is fun.

Would highly recommend Pursell Farms in Sylacauga which is about an hour southeast of Birmingham. A little out of your way but worth it. The two Auburn courses are also good and they have a par three course as well. The Judge in Prattville is a beast.

Forgot about the par 3, it's super fun. Purcell been on my list a long time
CoppellAg93
AG
Went in April and played The Judge, The Lakes At Grand National, and The Ridge. All three were very beautiful but very tough - my lack of play beforehand did not help either. Was very windy the first 2 days too - shot a couple of the worst scores of my life - but still enjoyed the scenery.

Would recommend all 3.
C ROC N
Does anyone know if the Summer deal playing Ross Bridge and Oxmoor Valley is all in one day or can you play one each day?
gestapoparrot
If you are talking about the Summer Magic special they were pretty flexible with our requests in the past. I've done them both in one day and have also had a Mon+Wed rounds under the special. If you call their booking agents and tell them what you want to do usually they'll find the best price for you to play the courses in a timeframe you want.
C ROC N
Poot said:

ABSOLUTELY worth the stop. Gorgeous golf courses.

Be sure to play Ridge at Oxmoor Valley. The elevation changes are dramatic on the Ridge course.

Ross Bridge was closed due to aeration and maintenance,but you were not kidding on the elevation changes!! Beautiful and in good condition. Played with a couple of local golfers, who were more my caddies for the day which helped tremendously! Thank you Lord for sending them, great fellowship! Had to wait through a couple of lightening delays, but I am definitely going back!
Thanks for all the recommendations guys!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.