*** 124th U.S. Open ***

54,033 Views | 722 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Bunk Moreland
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiebonzo said:

Aberg just striped it down the middle of that fairway on 5. Might be leading this thing here shortly. Kid is just a stud.

I have him +1800 so that would make me happy
98Ag99Grad
AG
Russell Henley is 17th in owgr. That's a career I'd like to have. Had some wins, made a ton of money, and can go out in public without being bothered.
beerad12man
AG
Kind of like Kuchar. Only true golf fans will recognize him. Can walk through HEB and never get noticed.
AgLA06
AG
Sam has it back to E and currently sitting top 20.
David_Puddy
AG
AgLA06 said:

CCred92 said:

I was. Brooks is a wierd guy in my opinion. Hope he chokes. Would way rather watch tiger and Scotty.
He's Tiger incarnate in personality. Watching you guys find ways to justify unrelated bias is funny at times.

Agree.....I have no problem with Brooks whatsoever. Best thing about him is he really doesn't give a F about how he is perceived either. Plus his wife is a smoke show.
Ag_07
AG
These guys are draining some bombs.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Greens look perfect from what I've seen.
Project Gemini
AG
Brooks is fun to watch play golf and is cringe to watch play life
Poot
Aberg is like the Iron Byron. Incredible swing. Even more impressive mentality for his age.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The greens look great, and I've also never seen the undulations stand out so clearly on tv with how the darker vs lighter grain appears
aggiebonzo
AG
Poot said:

Aberg is like the Iron Byron. Incredible swing. Even more impressive mentality for his age.
Even more impressive pace of play. Gets his yardage, steps in, and just pulls the trigger.
AgLA06
AG
aggiebonzo said:

Poot said:

Even more impressive pace of play. Gets his yardage, steps in, and just pulls the trigger.
I imagine there's something to making a decision and not giving yourself time to over think it.
concac
AG
Scottie just got a tight fade haircut. He's gonna go bald soon.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Unemployed said:

He needs to get the number of Spieth's hair plug guy. He's not doing great upstairs, but it would be long gone by now without it
Aggie95
AG
Unemployed said:

at first glance I was like "man the gray hairs are setting in right after that first baby"!
concac
AG
Aggie95 said:

Unemployed said:

at first glance I was like "man the gray hairs are setting in right after that first baby"!
He got it trimmed so high that you can see the tan lines.
Ag_07
AG
Does it bother anyone else that the voice in this Rolex US Open commercial that they play every break is British?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not really, but if they want to be accurate, he should sound like Stan Van Gundy
HeyAbbott
AG
Sam Bennett with a real good round today of 69 and currently tied for 6th place.
Bunk Moreland
yeah that was a fantastic round. Good patience by Sam.
wangus12
AG
Unemployed said:

Aggie95 said:

Unemployed said:

He got it trimmed so high that you can see the tan lines.
Dude should know you never cut your hair while on a hot streak
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's been winning for so long that he'd end up looking like Lazlo Holyfeld from Real Genius

Buck Compton
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

It was a great round. Looking back at when Sam plays his best, it seems to be in the toughest tests when driving accuracy is at a premium.

Due to his lack of distance, I don't know that he'll ever be a guy that goes and drops -20 on a random week to win a minor event. But he has a history of great play on tougher courses where a winner might be in single digits.
Poot
Scottie's haircut is crappy… wonder how that affects his betting odds?
GigEmJake17
AG
Buck Compton said:

Bunk Moreland said:

It was a great round. Looking back at when Sam plays his best, it seems to be in the toughest tests when driving accuracy is at a premium.

Due to his lack of distance, I don't know that he'll ever be a guy that goes and drops -20 on a random week to win a minor event. But he has a history of great play on tougher courses where a winner might be in single digits.
which is why in a weird way his game matches up better with the PGA tour than the KFT. On the KFT the winners are putting up insane numbers.
Bunk Moreland
Poston looking like me on the 3rd hole. Except I wouldn't have saved that double.
wildmen09
AG
HeyAbbott said:

Sam Bennett with a real good round today of 69 and currently tied for 6th place.

Caught Sam on 8 today and tee shot on 9!
JCA1
AG
Good looking leaderboard right now.
Matsui
Bunk Moreland
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8KoXJ9NZzT/?igsh=MXJ4bHY3a2xlYWJycQ==
wildmen09
AG
Great day, today. It was hot!

Greens really weren't CRAZY today. They are fast, no doubt. But we thought many balls would fall off that didn't.
TXAGGIES
wildmen09 said:

Great day, today. It was hot!

Greens really weren't CRAZY today. They are fast, no doubt. But we thought many balls would fall off that didn't.

It was hot and only getting hotter. I was able to follow Sam B around for a bit but after about 4:00 we were in the Champions Pavillion most of the rest of the day. The rest of the week should be hotter.
wildmen09
AG
Thanks for the invite! I was getting blasted by the sun on the 18th.

TXAGGIES
I expect the course to bite back with harder pin placements and perhaps shaving some first cuts around the greens. A few times balls were rolling off only stop at the collar.
TXAGGIES
wildmen09 said:

Thanks for the invite! I was getting blasted by the sun on the 18th.

I might have one extra for tomorrow. We will see if we have anyone cancel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.