Tiger to play The Genesis next week

3,683 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aginlakeway
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 birdies to finish for Woods. But he finishes last in his group. Great golf.
txaggie05
AG
Ag_in_Moscow
Great to see him being competitive. I'd love to see him not only make the cut, but finish Top-25 or higher on the week...without a massive limp on Sunday.
Trucker 96
Saw this live and was wondering what it was. JT dropped it like a hot potato
Deluxe
AG
I think there's some legitimacy behind the idea that pro golfers can see a late career boost when their child is getting old enough to beat them
TexAgs1992
Michael Collins is insufferable as a golf commentator.
jj9000
AG
Deluxe said:

I think there's some legitimacy behind the idea that pro golfers can see a late career boost when their child is getting old enough to beat them
Charlie is good.

But, Charlie isn't nearly as good as the media wants you to believe he is.
Deluxe
AG
The point isn't that Charlie is as good as his dad (or even close at this point). It's more about the dynamic of the growing/developing son challenging dad and the games getting more competitive as the son gets older. Extra motivation to stay sharp and make sure junior has to really earn his first win.
cap-n-jack
Tampongate being discussed on Golf channel now.
TXAGGIES
TexAgs1992 said:

He is great to have a beer with and chat with though. Met him at the first FedEx playoff Pro-AM immediately after he was on the Fore The People podcast and hung out with him for a bit.
jonj101
People whining over the tampon is what's wrong with golf, sports and culture as a whole.
TexAgs1992
TXAGGIES said:

TexAgs1992 said:

He is great to have a beer with and chat with though. Met him at the first FedEx playoff Pro-AM immediately after he was on the Fore The People podcast and hung out with him for a bit.
I'm sure he's a very nice guy. At least it comes across that way via the broadcast, but I personally do not care for his in-tournament analysis.
AgLA06
AG
jonj101 said:

People whining over the tampon is what's wrong with golf, sports and culture as a whole.
Agreed.

And I was praying Tiger would miss the cut.

It's weird. I hated Tiger for the longest time. Impersonal, major character issues, too good. The older he gets, the more I really like him. The tampon joke was hilarious and it was awesome to see him actually appearing to talk and joke and interact with people throughout his rounds other than a death stare.

Him playing just completely destroys the telecast.
aginlakeway
AG
AgLA06 said:

jonj101 said:

Agreed.

And I was praying Tiger would miss the cut.

It's weird. I hated Tiger for the longest time. Impersonal, major character issues, too good. The older he gets, the more I really like him. The tampon joke was hilarious and it was awesome to see him actually appearing to talk and joke and interact with people throughout his rounds other than a death stare.

Him playing just completely destroys the telecast.

He still might.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.