Best golf-related xmas present

3,961 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Duckhook
Bad Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Suggestions?
jj9000
AG
MISIG

...duh.
JCA1
AG
Really depends on what you want to spend. Could be anything from a sleeve of balls to a TrackMan.
Bad Poster
JCA1 said:

Really depends on what you want to spend. Could be anything from a sleeve of balls to a TrackMan.

Lets go with training aids other than MISIG
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Since OP didn't help much, maybe we do categories.

0-$40
40-$100
$100 and up.

My suggestions
0-40 a round at a local muni
40-100 - range finder or a round at a nicer spot
100 up maybe a push cart, hell, I don't know on this one. Maybe a new driver with fitting.
Ag_07
AG
Golf books (instructional or not)
Nice putting mat
Rangefinder
Bluetooth speaker
jj9000
AG
Bad Poster said:

JCA1 said:

If you really want to help someone with their game, buy them this.

It's not flashy, but it's better than 99% of the golf training aids on the market.

khaos288
AG
A nice Sunday/range bag. There's some sweet ones out there now, and nice to have that most normally wouldn't splurge on
hot dog
AG
bowhuntr
I use the perfect practice putting mat quite often. Believe it does a good job of providing good feedback on poor strokes. I do have a hard surface in the house where it stays rolled out - that is key for frequent use IMO.
tamu2009
AG
I was got by the instagram advertisement and bought the GOLFFOREVER package.

I'm about 2 weeks in and so far I really like it. It's golf specific 'functional' fitness based on bands. Really good instruction for WHY we're doing what we're doing. You do an assessment at the beginning so it is a little bit tailored to what you want to get out of it. My assessment made it pretty clear I needed help with lower back pain so that's what we've been working on the first 2 weeks.

The bar doubles as a great warm up tool at the course, too.
CenturyTree44
Depends on the golfer…I'd err on the conservative side and suggest not buying a golf-related present unless it was a Track Man, like previously mentioned. As bad as it sounds, I made it clear to my family two years ago that any golf gift other than a track man, is getting frisbee'd in the fireplace.
AustinCountyAg
Prov1's
GDP
PuttOut Pressure Putter Trainer
About $25 on amazon.
SW AG80
AG
That question is very broad. So my answer would be a trip to Pebble Beach for a round (or 2) of golf.
bcanales05
AG
I custom built my own spider putter in maroon and white.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
hot dog said:

Best golf gift is something that is 100% going to be used. Balls (not rocks), cabretta leather gloves (not the ****ty rubber ones from Target), or even a fat bag of tees are more than welcomed because it will all definitely make it into my bag at some point. To me those are much better than a funky golf gadget or ugly/ill-fitting polo that my in-laws seem to have a keen eye for

This so much! I used to get all the flexi tees, top flites, weird towels, basically anything that was super cheap in the Academy aisle. Never used any of it.
EliteElectric
Been playing golf and guitar for most of my life, my family knows I am VERY particular about gear and have been instructed over the years to never, under any circumstances, buy me golf or guitar items. 2 years ago my MIL (breast cancer survivor) breaks rank and gives me a dozen Top Flight's with the BCA logo on them. I opened the gift and gently tossed them on the couch knowing I would never play them but trying to be gracious. My then 6yo Daughter walk over and picks them up and hands them back to my MIL - "YiaYia, daddy only plays Titleist ProV1's, he'll never use these, give them to someone else". MIL then offers them to my 6yo. "I'm good YiaYia, I play Titleist too"

When someone is passionate about something give them a gift card unless you are certain you know what they like.

For example- this year wife and daughter bought me a couple dozen of Titleist #1 Dad ProV's for father's day. That's ok.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Yall need to start using the amazon wish list. I stop buying myself stuff in November and instead just put it on the list. I get exactly what I want, they get to give me something I want with no hassle. Win win.
AustinCountyAg
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Yall need to start using the amazon wish list. I stop buying myself stuff in November and instead just put it on the list. I get exactly what I want, they get to give me something I want with no hassle. Win win.
that's a solid idea
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I started asking for gift cards to places I want to travel to and play. Have several relatives go in on a card and it really helps. Even started doing this for Father's Day and my birthday from my family so I really get what I want, then I can still buy all my golf stuff too.
Muy
AG
A Mr Heater propane heater for the cart, or a plastic cart cover. Both saved my ass on Saturday when we teed off at 35-degrees.
1990AG
AG
Bad Poster said:

JCA1 said:

That's a BAD post

AggieDruggist89
AG
Battery powered leaf blower !
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/v8jYXMc3/Xy66wFs.png[/img]
1990AG
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Battery powered leaf blower !

Well played

Nom de Plume
AG
I got a Garmin Approach R10 from the guys at work. Haven't used it but looks pretty cool for a mobile unit and/or starter home simulator.
justcallmeharry
S
I used to love giving and getting bags of 500 - 1,000 tees. All golfers use tees.

https://www.amazon.com/Overrun-Misprinted-Golf-Unused-Quantity/dp/B01N02FMTB/ref=asc_df_B01N02FMTB/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366324011962&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17033953579860303084&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027332&hvtargid=pla-783546587213&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=79098076547&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366324011962&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17033953579860303084&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027332&hvtargid=pla-783546587213
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
19AG84
AG
My wife bought me a gift card to Club Champions for a new set of irons. She accidentally sent it to me electronically this evening. An early VERY Merry Christmas.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Not sure I'd say the best gift but one of the coolest... From #1 female amateur in the world.

whisperingbill
I just saw Sam Bennett's Masters invitation. That was a pretty cool arrival on Christmas. Score one for
Augusta..
Duckhook
AG
Now that I've decided I like hoodies, picked out a nice Puma hoodie that the wife got me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.