Best golf within 1 hour of College Station

4,736 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by t - cam
Alta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They have not. I just called them again to confirm I wasn't giving out bad info.
smstork1007
AG
Well things have certainly changed then, I moved from there about 5 years ago and at that time was definitely not the case. Thanks for checking.

Edit, Northgate Country Club is not Walden on Conroe, so not sure if what is really going on.
Alta
AG
Click through the links on Walden's website and it take you to that page. Not sure why it is Northgate's page other than I believe they have the same owner. I know they used to. I actually was a member at Walden about a decade ago and they certainly allowed non-member guest play back then. Was the best deal in town as a junior I think my initiation was $500 and monthly dues were like $135. It was awesome.

Again - I've played it as a non-member in the past month and literally called Walden's pro shop in the last 30 minutes to directly ask the question.
jonj101
Yeah they have a deal with Northgate so that if you are a member at Walden you have some benefits at Northgate as well. Last time I played there they gave me a membership packet with all that info.
JohnnyManziel2020
Played High Meadow today and it's the best value in the Houston area no doubt. Course almost feels like a Traditions-lite tucked into the woods. It's in great shape.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I worked a Walden all through high school, it was and still is a great course

2, 9, 11 and 12 are great holes
EliteElectric
Panorama Village used to be a fun quirky old school course but I haven't actually played it in years
Legend
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Bluebonnet.....

/old ass Ag
Whatever happened to that place? I remember playing it 30 years ago and it was a cool layout that just didn't have the money to do the upkeep. Is it long gone or still exist under another name?
_______________________ Larry Legend
Alta
AG
I always liked 13 as well. I started to think about this earlier and I actually think Walden is the best course you can play in the Houston area. It's an amazing deal too at like $100 on the weekend. I don't know what "public" course I would pick over playing there.

There certainly are fully private courses I like more but Walden is terrific for anybody looking for another option to the regular public options.
mt3950
AG
Legend said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Bluebonnet.....

/old ass Ag
Whatever happened to that place? I remember playing it 30 years ago and it was a cool layout that just didn't have the money to do the upkeep. Is it long gone or still exist under another name?

It's Bluejack National now. Tiger Woods design.

Edit - I'll own this one…late night
RichardSplet
You are mistaken. Bluejacket is the old Blaketree place, not Bluebonnet
Mr.Bond
AG
mt3950 said:

Legend said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Bluebonnet.....

/old ass Ag

It's Bluejack National now. Tiger Woods design.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

mt3950
AG
RichardSplet said:

You are mistaken. Bluejacket is the old Blaketree place, not Bluebonnet

Correct…late night
XpressAg09
AG
ElCheAg said:

Oh yeah, almost forgot:

http://www.grandlakegolfclub.co/-rates-and-fees
Trying to keep this one a secret...
t - cam
AG
Krondaddy said:

Briarcrest is pretty solid imo
Did someone invest in briarcrest? Course was a dump when I was in school but that was 20 years ago.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.