The Quarry- San Antonio

1,168 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
rononeill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone played there recently? Never been, but have a chance to play next Saturday for $110. Worth it?
AustinCountyAg
Saw pictures from a friend who played last week and the course looked like it was in great shape. With that being said I do not get the fascination with the course. It does nothing for me....I'd rather spend the same amount and go play one of the La Cantera's or canyon springs
jja79
AG
Did you mean $10? Or $11? I like the Quarry but to me it's about a $50-60 course. The back 9 is pretty meh when you cross the street and are up on the hill.
DGAG92
AG
$110??? Glad I'm at a CC, waaaaaay overpriced for that golf course. You're paying for the view of the 9 holes "inside" the quarry.
Class of 1992
kerrag06
AG
Our group of Aggies here in SA play The Quarry pretty regularly. However, we NEVER play it in the mornings. The prices in the am are just obscene- almost double and more. Afternoons are very reasonable- 40/60 max. It's always in great shape. The grass/weeds/rough are extremely high at this time of year. Most of the fairways (except for about 3 holes) are generously wide. But if you miss those, you will NOT find your ball in the monster weeds.
AustinCountyAg
Glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes the place
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
SA native - No likely for $100. Booked a birthday round there once for a buddy and it was like $70 and that was too much. Agree with kerr, get an afternoon or hot deal for below $60 and it's enjoyable for that price range.
boy09
AG
I like it, it's a really cool course. But it has always been overpriced.
kerrag06
AG
It's also of note they have BY FAR the nicest Golf Carts of any public golf course in San Antonio- in my opinion. Touch screen GPS, beyond comfortable seats, Blue Tooth Ready and the list goes on.
BUOY
AG
I live by the quarry. We should hang out by the quarry and throw things down there
AustinCountyAg
kerrag06 said:

It's also of note they have BY FAR the nicest Golf Carts of any public golf course in San Antonio- in my opinion. Touch screen GPS, beyond comfortable seats, Blue Tooth Ready and the list goes on.
The niceness of the golf carts means jack **** to me when choosing a course.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.