JtT loses one

6,399 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never mind that their product is made in Chinese sweatshops. Gotta do the right thing.
Old Tom Morris
KatyAg01 said:

They dropped him after he issued a sincere apology? That's gay.

Seriously. Muttered quietly to himself in the heat of competition. No one hears it if not for the mic. Issues sincere apology immediately after. But that's not good enough these days. People must be punished and cancelled so everyone else can feel superior
jonj101
jja79 said:

Never mind that their product is made in Chinese sweatshops. Gotta do the right thing.
This.

Today I've seen a few posts on social media calling them out on this. Will be interesting to see if that side of the story gains any traction, though I have my doubts.

These unrealistic woke perspectives, cancel culture and hypocritical responses need to die.
XpressAg09
AG
Can't wait for companies to take a listen to NBA players on the hot mic.
Speckled Trout
AG
It may actually improve his image to not have to wear those tacky shirts with the ridiculously large polo logo.
TjgtAg08
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Can't wait for companies to take a listen to NBA players on the hot mic.

That was my first thought. Turn on an NBA or NFL game and count the number of racial or homophobic slurs.

But is there even one peep about it? Nah.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Just finished a round with my usual group, which can be one of the more juvenile groups of 40somethings out there. Let's just say someone may need to contact Guiness regarding the record number of a self directed insults of a certain variety muttered in one round of golf. A creativity record may have been set as well
We have the 50somethings bracket covered on that. I would love to have a group of Nancies following us around for 18 holes, I'm fairly confident we would have offended 98% of the planet and the Nancies would need a clorox shower to try to feel clean again.

This **** is ridiculous.
jgh85Ag
AG
Not to mention turf reconstruction. Our group has to carry a sand bottle to the green.

Ok, that's a joke.... kinda.

TFOS questions his orientation after every shot.

I am comfortable in my mediocrity.

And I must say there are many mothers getting a lot of action.
mazag08
AG
So gay
BigHitterDaLama
Imagine the stuff that came out of mouths of Tour players in the 50s, 60s, 70s

Ou society is dumb as can be. They will forget about this by EOW and Polo will try and to find another Prominent Tour Player who is free of sin and walks on water. Good luck.
bdgol07
AG
dcrewint said:

Ralph Lauren severs ties with JT due to the gay slur from last week's tournament.
AH! I get what you meant by what you said on Saturday now! Few days slow on the uptick over here
dcrewint
lol
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
jgh85Ag said:

TFOS questions his orientation after every shot.

Don't forget mental capacity, dedication, sanity, and will to live.
cb1919
AG
jja79 said:

From a GolfWeek article written by Eamon Lynch (an openly gay man):

The flip side of those facts is that an isolated, angry comment isn't the full measure of a man, and that the defense of human dignity isn't best mounted by an industry that postures while surviving on sweatshops.

The rest of the article if you want to read

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/01/17/justin-thomas-slur-ralph-lauren-sponsorship-eamon-lynch/
JYDog90
AG
Speckled Trout said:

It may actually improve his image to not have to wear those tacky shirts with the ridiculously large polo logo.

Exactly, he's rivaling the polo man logo size of the Central American drug kingpins
Formerly Willy Wonka
jonj101
Thanks for posting. Aside from that point I found most of the article to be meh, and disagreed with it.

But there is still value in considering opposing viewpoints.
Unemployed
AG
https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/21/justin-thomas-pga-tour-golf-training-program-anti-gay-slur-on-course/

I know it's a PR move but it's a shame that he has to do it anyway.

Dude made a mistake and apologized for it. Move on, people.
Old Tom Morris
FFS. That is ridiculous
Old Tom Morris
If you want to make someone go thru training for calling themselves a ****** under their breath in a heated moment, that pretty much makes you a ******.
watty
AG
If it was me I wouldn't even apologize.

OK I'd probably be forced to, but I would offer the most non-apology apology in the history of non apologies. This crap is so freaking gay. Yes, I use the word "gay" like that and I always will. Same with f-a-g. And, gasp!, re-tard-ed. They aren't bad words.
JYDog90
AG
Formerly Willy Wonka
watty
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Exactly.
jonj101
The training response approach is such a predictable one - its used commonly in the corporate world to limit liability and give the image that one is trite, working towards growth, etc.

Its a major cash grab for consulting companies/the woke folks.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
honestly...at this point...**** everything.

no more apologies for ****ing words, particularly ones mumbled to yourself where nobody was within 50 feet.

this pc nonsense has me going the other way. time to be over-the-top offensive at all times.
jgh85Ag
AG
ruddyduck said:

honestly...at this point...**** everything.

no more apologies for ****ing words, particularly ones mumbled to yourself where nobody was within 50 feet.

this pc nonsense has me going the other way. time to be over-the-top offensive at all times.

If you need any help, Tony Franklin's Other Shoe is your guy.
Baby Billy
AG
My bet is on Peter Millar.

But if Lululemon was smart they would come in with a a great offer and get into the game
AustinCountyAg
I'm thinking grayson will throw stupid money at him and make him their new poster boy. They are a young clean cut, slim fitting apparel brand. Would be the perfect match IMO.
dcrewint
I don't think Lululemon cares much at this point. I called their HQ last year to see if they cared to help me gear my girls' golf team. I was upfront and told them I wasn't looking for a discount, but I was interested to know if they made contracts and their response was something to the effect of: "We regretfully must decline as golf isn't a crowd that falls under the clientele we strive to reach."

That's not a direct quote, paraphrased it, but the clientele portion was pretty close. Now they may have changed or they may just not want to get into the sponsorship side of things? I still ended up having my team go to the local store in small groups and I purchased their skirts.

Your comment might have been a joke, maybe not, I haven't looked at what they offer for the guy's side of the game but they have some solid weather options for women on the course.
_lefraud_
AG
In the Spring of 2012, I was playing golf with an Under Armour rep and brought up sponsorships with players and such. I think at that time the only UA player was Mahan. We discussed their target audience, etc...and he basically told me that the golf clientele wasn't their focus...and then Spieth blows on to the scene.

All this to say, Lulu may change their mind if they start seeing more and more girls wearing their stuff out on the golf course, especially at Augusta and other major events.
CoppellAg93
AG
watty said:

If it was me I wouldn't even apologize.
Personally I don't like the word and don't use it, but ....

My apology would be "I'm sorry that you heard me say it."
dcrewint
Citibank keeps JT for now

Everyone has to protect their branding, but the way the Citibank did things with JT is only marginally better.

''If at any point we feel Justin is not sincere in working toward this goal, we will end our relationship with him.''

~CoppellAg93 would lose it for sure lol!

I do think it does suck that an apology and then walking the straight and narrow isn't allowed much anymore. I guess corporations feel all the outside pressure to "send a message or lose $." It would be refreshing to see a business "work with" an athlete after they apologized. Allow them to grow from it as a person and then if they mess up in the same way then cut ties with 'em.
Old Tom Morris
****ing ******s
AustinCountyAg
_lefraud_ said:

In the Spring of 2012, I was playing golf with an Under Armour rep and brought up sponsorships with players and such. I think at that time the only UA player was Mahan. We discussed their target audience, etc...and he basically told me that the golf clientele wasn't their focus...and then Spieth blows on to the scene.

All this to say, Lulu may change their mind if they start seeing more and more girls wearing their stuff out on the golf course, especially at Augusta and other major events.

Damn, when I was in school we got the off brand crap from east bay and the like....
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.