New Golf Course - N Houston/Spring

33,865 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by trip98
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's already been said but in my opinion:

#1- Bluebonnet would be the best. Same terrain and scenery as Bluejack.

#2 Waterwood between Livingston and Huntsville. It used to be a nice course.
B$Weigem
AG
Poot
Funny, because those were all shots of Augusta Pines.
E
AG
The video was also put on youtube in Oct 2021
I Am A Critic
Buford T. Justice said:

#1- Bluebonnet would be the best. Same terrain and scenery as Bluejack.

When did they re-open Bluebonnet?
Username checks out.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I don't think that they have. I just meant the raw land.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
I might go Waterwood over Bluebonnet, with the Pete Dye and lake factor pushing it over for me. Unlike some other courses along water where the non-water adjacent holes are kind of duds, the inland holes at WW through the trees were great. Both excellent choices.
jonj101
Might be heading that way this weekend. If so I'll grab some up to date pics.
koppelman7
AG

Course coming along nicely...still can't find any word on when its set to open but there's a good amount of elevation and the greens seem well-protected. They've built what looks like a cart barn but they haven't broken ground on a clubhouse yet.
jlb82
AG
Just got an email this afternoon saying that the course, Highland Pines Golf Club, is scheduled to open on Thursday, 11/17. They are still working out details on rates, memberships, etc.
jlb82
AG
Here is a link to the website for Highland Pines Golf Course which opens 11/17. There is a membership and public rates tab that provides more details.

https://golfhighlandpines.com

cmk10
AG
125 bucks for a round on the weekend… damn.
jja79
AG
Where can you play a nice course on the weekend for less? I may be out of touch but that doesn't seem bad.
cmk10
AG
Thats true, at Kingwood CC (member there) for guests, i think its 95. I guess it just depends on how well they are going to take care of the course. Augusta Pines i think is about $95 on the weekend and that doesnt include range balls. That course isnt worth 95. Its just all location driven at this point like you said.
98Ag99Grad
AG
A $7500 initiation fee for a course the public can play? That's more than double what I paid to join Lake Windcrest and its private unless you're a guest of a member. monthly dues look high to me as well. I never really got the point of a semi-private course like this. Just be either public or private. To me there's no value joining a club that allows non-member tee times, no matter how far in advance you can make one. What am I missing here?
jja79
AG
You probably get a bag tag for your $7,500.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Asst Pro is listed as Jamey Taylor. If it's the guy I know, he was a member at Golfcrest when I was too. Played on the Canadian Tour and some other mini tours. Good player.
cmk10
AG
also heard the add on for people at Augusta Pines is only like $75/month extra. So the course is going to be packed with Augusta Pines people playing over there and then just public playing it for a while.
jonj101
Just confirmed that it's him. Def a great player - won the City Am a while back to IIRC.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Good to hear. Hope it works out for him over there.
Ezra Brooks
AG
They are asking more than KWCC does for full membership with 4 courses, fitness, etc.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

They are asking more than KWCC does for full membership with 4 courses, fitness, etc.
cmk10
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

yep. i thought about leaving Kingwood because this is much closer to my house, but this is way overpriced for what you get out of the membership...
jja79
AG
If KWCC is less than this it's a bargain. I've only been there a few times but I thought it was really good.
Ag_07
AG
I have buddies who are members out at KWCC and their only complaint is full tee sheets and long ass rounds on the weekends.

They manage because they're close and can play on weekdays but they generally avoid the golf course on weekends.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Rack Rate for KWCC Full Golf is $1,500 initiation and $500/month. Slightly less for restricted times on weekends.
cmk10
AG
Kingwood is now a lot less crowded this time of year.
ktownag08
AG
Super bummed at the price of this as the closest course to me. Suppose I'll just keep driving to Kingwood to play with my buddies over there.
Ag_07
AG
Are the public fees at this place that far off from the guest fees at KWCC?
ktownag08
AG
Guest fees are $95 at KCC and this is min $100. I'm sure I'll play it, but was thinking the member fees would have been much less.
Aggie1391
Played the course yesterday, I'm a big fan. The layout is very nice, not something you see anywhere else in Houston. Zoysia grass isn't full grown in yet, but still very nice in most parts. The claim they are the only course in the country to have that Zoysia blend on their greens. A couple holes are a little tricked out, but it's not overboard. It's open off the tee, but the greens are insane. I didn't ask the pro what they were running, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were at 12-13 and they have some severe slopes to where if you're above the hole, good luck. Considering places like Cinco Ranch and Meadowbrook Farms charge $100+ these days, $125 for this course is not bad at all.
Aggie369
AG
Greens as fast as augusta?
Mr.Bond
AG
Played it today and absolutely loved the design. Course was overall in great shape. Greens were treacherous and faster than hell. Will definitely be going back

I also paid 90 bucks
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Oso96
AG
Bump. Anyone played lately?
Poot
I played it last week. As has been said… really cool layout and design. It's got some real terrain to it.

I didn't realize it until the night before I played it, but it was designed by the same guy who designed Cypresswood Tradition (Keith Foster).

Greens and tee boxes were great, though I didn't make anything. I paid around $100 and I'll definitely be coming back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.