Tiger/Peyton vs Phil/Tom

19,540 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bodaciousbood14
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BarryProfit said:

Tiger sure drove the ball well. That was my biggest takeaway. Wow.

He and Phil were both perfect on the back nine. With all their shots.
aggiedata
AG
Gotta love Payton

BarryProfit
t - cam said:

BarryProfit said:

Tiger sure drove the ball well. That was my biggest takeaway. Wow.

He and Phil were both perfect on the back nine. With all their shots.

Did tiger miss a fairway all day?
BarryProfit
AgLA06
AG
I'm pretty sure he missed one right during best ball. I didn't know it was best ball and made a comment to my wife that Phil had to make up a hole here. Only to see them hit from Manning's drive.

Can't remember any others, but I only got to see the first 5 or 6 and the last 5 or 6 holes.
JYDog90
AG
t - cam said:

The whole thing was perfect. I need more Barkley in my life. All the personalities of the players were on display. I came away liking everyone more than I did to start the day.
That's a really good take.

I confess that ever since Tiger started winning majors I have rooted against him because I'm a Nicklaus guy and didn't want to see him caught, and I started rooting for Phil.

Yesterday, watching those guys I thought to myself, "You need to unclench and enjoy this guy. He's the GOAT and if by chance he's not then he's indisputably number 2." He is so much more likable to me now than he was when he was all cliche-driven, "I didn't have my A-game today" Tiger. I like the older, softer version. Plus, if Phil can like him, I can certainly like him.

All 4 of them went up at least a step in my book. And I really enjoyed Justin Thomas as well.

I looked at Brady's swing on the driving range and the guy looks solid. I felt so sorry for him as I've had those days. If he only could've put a ball in the fairway and strung a couple of shots together I think he would've been fine. In some ways the hole out may have hurt him because he couldn't really build upon it. I was glad to see him make some putts.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Buck Compton
AG
AgLA06 said:

I'm pretty sure he missed one right during best ball. I didn't know it was best ball and made a comment to my wife that Phil had to make up a hole here. Only to see them hit from Manning's drive.

Can't remember any others, but I only got to see the first 5 or 6 and the last 5 or 6 holes.
Yep, he missed one right (by about 5 yards) in best ball. Only fairway missed all day. Still woulda been playable from the sandy stuff they have there. Still the best driving I've seen from Tiger in a long time, maybe ever.
milner79
Pretty much everything Manning touches turns to comedic gold. They should have had more back-and-forth between him and Barkley between holes ... Manning was clearly willing to chatter, at least on the front nine.

Manning-Brady visit Jim Nance
Pahdz
I feel like a got a mini lesson listening to Phil

Most important takeaway, activate the calves lol. Great shot at Tiger
lazuras_dc
AG
Anywhere to watch /stream a replay?
LHIOB
AG
Those are 4 of the biggest alphas in sports history and they put on a show!

No Laying Up has JT on their recap. Havent listened but I cant wait to!
BarryProfit
Pahdz said:

I feel like a got a mini lesson listening to Phil

Most important takeaway, activate the calves lol. Great shot at Tiger

And then Tiger laughed and said something like "now America knows what I've had to listen to for the last 20 years". Good stuff all around.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I've only ever watched a few golf matches but this was easily the best that I've seen since the 2008 open. Although to be honest im pretty sure this is due to the lack of live sports, I think I might watch curling if it was live.

While im still nowhere near as good as Tom Brady I think I have hope that one day I can be as good as he is in one, maybe two sports (too bad he didn't race Michael phelps).
CFTXAG10
AG
Need to get another one of these on air next weekend. Someone challenge TW and Peyton for the crown.

Maybe get Air Jordan out there with McIlroy or Koepka
lazuras_dc
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Need to get another one of these on air next weekend. Someone challenge TW and Peyton for the crown.

That would be the tits
BarryProfit
t - cam
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I'm sure its not the case but imo this format only works with tiger and Phil. I'm probably losing interest with almost anyone else.
Trucker 96
I think there are a lot of guys that could be paired with Phil and it would be very entertaining (but would obviously draw lower ratings). Some of the trash JT was talking was great. Tiger, while more fun than he used to be, is benefitting from the fact people got used to generic stick-up-his ass Tiger, so there is this "hey, isnt this great" honeymoon when he does something remotely funny. Kuchar would be a great one to put with Phil but it wouldnt draw eyeballs
Thisguy1
I've seen a lot of tweets asking for a Tiger/MJ vs Phil/Steph match.
_lefraud_
AG
Tiger looked like he was swinging much "easier" (something he should've done 10 years ago) all day, maybe the rain had something to do with it...or maybe it was the shorts...

Either way, if Tiger drives like that, he will no doubt add a few more Majors.
Trucker 96
Hit a lot of fairways, but yeah, lots if easy swings so I'm not sure how much he was hanging back. He wasnt getting many approach shots very close, although tough course with tough conditions
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Thisguy1 said:

I've seen a lot of tweets asking for a Tiger/MJ vs Phil/Steph match.
I've seen lot of folks calling for a TW/MJ pairing. Maybe I'm alone, but I think it might be more interesting to put the two against one another. Hard to imagine two more intense competitors in any sport.
LHIOB
AG
Next time have team Tiger vs Team Phil. Do a draft of 6 celebs and then Tiger and Phil are player coaches. Do it Ryder Cup style over 2 days.

Tiger brings the eye balls and Phil brings the content.

Keep JT on the course and Chuck in the booth. Find a way to throw in Feherty and you have some magic. Manning can join the booth. Let him volume shoot all day.

Maybe add in guys like Ray Ramono who have the talent to provide entertainment.
Ragoo
AG
LHIOB said:

Next time have team Tiger vs Team Phil. Do a draft of 6 celebs and then Tiger and Phil are player coaches. Do it Ryder Cup style over 2 days.

Tiger brings the eye balls and Phil brings the content.

Keep JT on the course and Chuck in the booth. Find a way to throw in Feherty and you have some magic. Manning can join the booth. Let him volume shoot all day.

Maybe add in guys like Ray Ramono who have the talent to provide entertainment.
so pebble beach pro am with only tiger and Phil as the pros?

I missed the round yesterday but can imagine that what makes it so great is the intimacy of just a foursome playing golf. Add in multiple pairings and it waters down the event.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Really great job by everyone on this match.

Peyton was fantastic.

I like Tom Brady but it sure was satisfying to see him struggle and get pissed off for a while there and show his human side that we all experience. Then stuffed it in Chuck's face on that drain-o from 150.

Tiger was fine. Couple good quips but I felt like we didn't hear that much from him.

Phil is always good. I've become a fan of his since he hit Instagram and even improved my short game from some of his lessons.

I came away actually liking Chuck a lot more too. I felt like in the Match in Vegas he just never shut up. This time around he only came in periodically and when it was appropriate.

Overall awesome match. I am always in for stuff like this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.