Rory should probably stfu

2,252 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiedent
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/05/14/rory-mcilroy-takes-swing-at-old-golfing-pal-president-trump/amp/

i'd say that a majority of golf fans are conservative and won't like this much. talk about tone-deaf
grego
AG
Pretty tame comments IMO
powerbelly
AG
If someone gets even remotely upset by those comments then that is on them. Pretty tame. Especially for a euro.
03_Aggie
Mo money, mo problems.

Too much endorsement money at play to risk socializing with people viewed to be polarizing.
aggietony2010
AG
Overall those comments were pretty tame.

He's an idiot if he thinks it's just Trump that's been trying to politicize the issue (any crisis that involves shutting down the world economy to a varying degrees is going to be subject to politicization on both sides).
mm98
AG
Those comments weren't bad but it does show you far too many people care about optics over policy. They want a morally good thought leader in the White House above all else.

So Trump takes a beating from the media for weeks, if not over a month, about lack of testing resources compared to other countries. And when we finally ramp up testing and he mentioned that we're now administering more than any other country, he is "politicizing it".
Trucker 96
Trump got reamed by Dems for being a racist that wanted to shut down travel with China too soon. Then he gets reamed by Dems for acting too slowly. It has been politicized from the beginning, but not by Trump. Rory should probably stay in his lane of hitting golf balls while avoiding banging strange poontang behind his SO's back on glass coffee tables and talking politics.
Duckhook
AG
Who cares

v
TjgtAg08
AG
The real question is, why does anyone care what a professional golfer from Northern Ireland in his 20s thinks about Donald Trump? Hell, I bet even Rory was thinking "why the hell am I getting asked these questions?"
GCP12
AG
mm98 said:

Those comments weren't bad but it does show you far too many people care about optics over policy. They want a morally good thought leader in the White House above all else.

So Trump takes a beating from the media for weeks, if not over a month, about lack of testing resources compared to other countries. And when we finally ramp up testing and he mentioned that we're now administering more than any other country, he is "politicizing it".
This
Trucker 96
One thing to keep in mind here is that Rory has what is basically an 8th grade education. And that's probably being generous.
ajcastil18
The fact is that Rory said positive and negative things about Trump in his interview but people just want headlines and click bait so they only focus on what stirs up the most s**t.

This thread is the opposite of what this forum is about.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

One thing to keep in mind here is that Rory has what is basically an 8th grade education. And that's probably being generous.

He's golfs Greta.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Harry Stone
AG
ajcastil18 said:

The fact is that Rory said positive and negative things about Trump in his interview but people just want headlines and click bait so they only focus on what stirs up the most s**t.

youre a rookie. ive been posting here for years. this is a golf board. rory is a top golfer. its political but relevant to the board. there have been many ****ty threads on here in the past, including berating golfers on other things, including the likes of tiger, phil, etc. rory is a northern irishman that lives here now. he is not a citizen, he should just pass on political questions no matter what. thatd be like asking jordan spieth about his view on boris johnson. it doesnt need a response. people can think this is a nothingburger and thats fine, i hope rory doesnt answer questikns like this is the future, nor any golfer.
Trucker 96
ajcastil18 said:

Go get your shine box, rookie
jonj101
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Facts or sarcasm? I don't know anything concerning his educational background.
Trucker 96
Not sarcasm. He dropped out of school at 16 after winning some big tournaments at age 15. And he wasn't seeing the inside of a classroom much before that. So the equivalent of 8th-9th grade is about right. Caused a little controversy in Ireland with some kids trying to follow that same path
Quinn
AG
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mckellar/id1483786770?i=1000474633300

Here the actual podcast link if you're interested in listening. Comments regarding Trump start around 17 minutes left. It's really a good podcast overall, very insightful to his mindset.
jonj101
Gotcha - didn't realize that.
Yesterday
AG
He was killed by the media for simply playing with Trump after he was elected. Rory is a mental midget who can't take the heat and goes where the wind blows him.

That said, I still enjoy watching him swing a club and will be a fan of his golf game. The day I stop letting entertainers entertain me because they disagree politically with me then that's the day I become a *****. I am befuddled that anyone would split fans politically like that. Take a look at Jordan and Woods. They both kept opinions mostly to themselves. They know both sides buy shoes and clothes.
Trucker 96
I'm curious what you'd become
Post removed:
by user
aggiedent
AG
I'll just say it's a good thing he swings a club for a living rather than having to do anything intellectual.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.