Possibility of Masters cancellation?

5,483 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wildcat
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So today the Rodeo got shut down. In addition to that, there is talk of sporting events being played in empty arenas, and a number of other concerts getting shuttered.

With all that going on, what do you think is the going to happen with the Masters and Augusta National?

I think a lot will depend on what happens over the next few weeks with the spread across the U.S. If the death toll gets into the hundreds I could see it happening.
The Lost
Won't be cancelled, in theory could be done without patrons. TV will do it with no one there.

CA an those type places have gone through march, so there is still plenty of time for things to be fine.
aginlakeway
AG
They did it without advertising. They can do it without patrons.
Dr.Pepper7
AG
Imagine if you finally won tickets and they cancelled it
aginlakeway
AG
Dr.Pepper7 said:

Imagine if you finally won tickets and they cancelled it

You'd get tickets for the following year.
Rubble
AG
NCAA just announced that all tournament games will be played without fans...
CoppellAg93
AG
I might be alone in this, but I think a Masters played with no gallery would be awesome to watch. Seems like the course would shine even more when you can see all of the surroundings.

Of course, the players would probably not like it - or would they ?
TXAG14
No fans would be awesome to watch. SOL for you guys that got the lottery this year.
Bunk Moreland
Knowing me I'll have some out of nowhere pop up and unload a Wednesday or Thursday ticket for $300 and then they'll cancel attendance the next day.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I'd think since its open air and more spread out that the risk is less than an enclosed arena?
The masters will go on because everyone involved with Augusta National are conservatives, not a bunch of liberal poosays
Duckhook
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

The masters will go on because everyone involved with Augusta National are conservatives, not a bunch of liberal poosays

Forum 16 checking in.
ddub96
AG
After attending and seeing how well that tournament is run it wouldn't surprise me at all if they set up temperature stations as you make your way to the gate as a way to limit exposure.
JCA1
AG
If anyone could find a way to exclude corona, it's ANGC.
Quinn
AG
I think it will be played, but I'll be surprised if fans are allowed in. Wouldn't shock me if it gets cancelled.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Masters goes to the beat of their own drum. I'd be pretty surprised if they cancelled. Could definitely see them telling people to GTFO we'll see you next year and just play on.
rononeill
Checked in to the forum to see if the virus had spread this far. Y'all didn't disappoint!

Oh, and f golf. Shooting even then 80, have Since followed up w 91 and 87. But have a 10.1 to show for it rolling into tourney season. F golf.
the last of the bohemians
Unlike the NBA players who were probably egging the commish to cancel would imagine typical pga player does not want to miss playing a Masters, especially considering Tiger and Phil are running out of competitive years.
turfaggie24
AG
Spoke to a guy a few days ago and he said he just talked to someone at EcoLabs and the employee (non-golfer) said a country club in Georgia just bought 330 cases of hand sanitizer, all of their remaining inventory. Said it was headed to Augusta. One can hope the show goes on. I'm supposed to be there Friday
Just an Ag
AG
Masters is about golf. They will play. Will there be patrons?? I don't know.
BigHitterDaLama
rononeill said:

Checked in to the forum to see if the virus had spread this far. Y'all didn't disappoint!

Oh, and f golf. Shooting even then 80, have Since followed up w 91 and 87. But have a 10.1 to show for it rolling into tourney season. F golf.

Good ish....
Come around more
LHIOB
AG
Golfers only get paid if they play and play well. All other pros have contracts and dont have to worry if their season is suspended.

ANGC does what it wants. This isnt a PGA event so its up to them if they allow people in.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Cancel it, gotta save all the old "patrons" lives.
AggieDruggist89
AG
rononeill said:

Wrong thread brah,

Oh, and you suck.
E
AG
DONT YOU DARE JOKE ABOUT CANCELLING THE MASTERS
Matsui
AG
They get paid by sponsors
jonj101
https://instagr.am/p/B9otAyUp8DW

Just saw this on ig.
The Milkman
AG
Fingers crossed they allow patrons as I finally won tickets this year and we're now beyond the full refund period for our VRBO.

But I'm confident ANGC would honor the tickets for next year as thats what they did when practice rounds were rained out recently.
bodaciousbood14
AG
So far everything is a go for the MatchPlay. Even though Austin has banned gatherings of over 2,500 people.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
No fans will be allowed at The Players after today, per Golf Channel.
bodaciousbood14
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

So far everything is a go for the MatchPlay. Even though Austin has banned gatherings of over 2,500 people.

Just received an email that fans won't be allowed at the MatchPlay
98Ag99Grad
AG
yeah everything up to The Masters is a go without fans.
bagger05
AG
Will be weird without the roars if there are no fans.
the last of the bohemians
It's a non contact sport, no reason to cancel.
But I guess Reed could sneeze on Speith....
Trucker 96
Forcing players to travel to it is the concern. But knowing ANGC, they would be willing to privately fly everyone and possibly build a 5 star resort for them in the next 3 weeks
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.