Anybody rented a big SUV for a golf trip? Deals?

1,171 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
Post removed:
by user
Rubble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had a suburban and a Tahoe in Phoenix last weekend. $400 ish for 4 days per each from Hertz. Not cheap, but only about $100 per person for all 4 days. No other way around it to cart 9 guys and golf clubs around.
LHIOB
AG
Try Turo. Its like AirBnB but for cars. You can find some deals there.
Mr.Bond
AG
Costco. Just got a suburban for WMO in Phoenix. 220 bucks for 4 days
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

cbminers
AG
Don't laugh... We always rent minivans on golf trips. They are comfortable and can easily accommodate 4 men, 4 sets of clubs, and 4 suitcases. They are usually about 50-60% the price of a large SUV rental as well.
Duckhook
AG
cbminers said:

Don't laugh... We always rent minivans on golf trips. They are comfortable and can easily accommodate 4 men, 4 sets of clubs, and 4 suitcases. They are usually about 50-60% the price of a large SUV rental as well.

I'm not going to laugh. Did it last month in Phoenix. Great vehicle for the 4 of us.

Here's the story behind this pic. Going from Estrella GC to Southern Dunes, Google Maps gave us a route that looked more interesting than I-10 and was a few minutes shorter. Through the desert and mountains. "This looks like fun" we said. Ha! This is not the worst road we were on. Went from a 2 lane paved road, to this maintained dirt road, to a couple of un-maintained dirt roads. But, we got there in the exact amount of time Maps had told us. Guess they allowed for those stretches where we were doing 25 mph. Literally did not see a car or person for about 40 minutes. We kept expecting to run across an RV cooking meth.

Yesterday
AG
Minivans is the way to go but taking your own vehicle to Austin even if you have to take a couple extra will still be cheaper.
Rubble
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Minivans is the way to go but taking your own vehicle to Austin even if you have to take a couple extra will still be cheaper.

I must have been drinking or out of it when I read the initial post. Why the hell are y'all going to rent a car for a 3 hour drive? You can get to Austin and back on a tank of gas that might cost you $50 if you have an enormous tank (considering gas is under $2/gal right now). You're asking about spending $200-400 on renting one car?

Taking 4 cars would be cheaper than renting one.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Minivan
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.