speaking of rules

2,084 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bondag
bicmitchum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
since when can you leave the pin in
Mateo84
AG
Good one
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's only allowed on the 2nd weekend in months that start with the letter A
Post removed:
by user
Aggie369
AG
The match is no longer all square
aggietony2010
AG
bicmitchum said:

Real answer, the rules of golf were pretty dramatically (for golf at least) overhauled and went into effect beginning 2019.

This includes leaving pin in, hazards are now called penalty areas and you can ground your club in them, drops are now from knee height (and yes you can be penalized for a shoulder high drop now).

Lots of little changes. The pin in on putts is probably the most noticeable change for the viewing public.
bicmitchum
thanks 2010.i honestly didn't know that.dont watch much golf anymore,if I could change one rule it would be the o/b rule.too harsh.
ORAggieFan
aggietony2010 said:

bicmitchum said:

Real answer, the rules of golf were pretty dramatically (for golf at least) overhauled and went into effect beginning 2019.

This includes leaving pin in, hazards are now called penalty areas and you can ground your club in them, drops are now from knee height (and yes you can be penalized for a shoulder high drop now).

Lots of little changes. The pin in on putts is probably the most noticeable change for the viewing public.

Isn't the rule for grounding aimed more on the accidental than allowing grounding?
1208HawkTree
AG
Serious question, does grounding your club include any and all of your "equipment"?

I ask because in the limited time I got to watch today, I saw tiger play 13. Looked to me like Lacava had his bag standing on the ground (while he held it)on both sides of the red line before he hit. Just curious, I didn't call CBS or anything.
JYDog90
AG
Thought the same thing.
EKUAg
AG
Tiger's ball wasn't in the hazard if I remember correctly so where Joe had the bag would matter as far as I know.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Would be a penalty, but as mentioned, he wasn't in the hazard. He was almost in the fairway. Big break there.
aggietony2010
AG
1208HawkTree said:

Serious question, does grounding your club include any and all of your "equipment"?

I ask because in the limited time I got to watch today, I saw tiger play 13. Looked to me like Lacava had his bag standing on the ground (while he held it)on both sides of the red line before he hit. Just curious, I didn't call CBS or anything.

Everything I've read indicates the prohibition on grounding is completely removed in penalty areas. They're treated the same as anywhere else.

You still can't ground in a bunker though.
ORAggieFan
aggietony2010 said:

1208HawkTree said:

Everything I've read indicates the prohibition on grounding is completely removed in penalty areas. They're treated the same as anywhere else.

You still can't ground in a bunker though.
My accidental grounding comment was for bunkers. Think that is allowed.
PA24
AG
looking for the day when fairway divots become GUR
Bondag
AG
Duggins90 said:

looking for the day when fairway divots become GUR

On the casual round I treat like that. Why should I be penalized for a good shot when someone else didn't replace their divot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.