Midland Country Clubs

14,463 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Westicles
BESCo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a friend moving to Midland early next year, and he is interested in joining a CC there.

Any personal recommendations from any of y'all?
If so, what are the rough number$ .... initiation & monthly.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
I am not a member of a Midland CC; however, given my extensive knowledge of the community, I would expect the annual cost to be in the neighborhood of $Texas.

Great airport, though.
RigsTx
AG
There are 4 country clubs in Midland/Odessa.

Odessa CC - I am a member here and think it is the best value in the area. Midland CC is a better golf course, but you have access to two courses at OCC so you will rarely have problems getting a tee time. One other drawback is the course is 15 minutes away from West Midland but it's worth it in my opinion. Not sure what current initiation is, but monthly dues are around $500 for full members. $300ish for Junior members. More geared toward service side of O&G if that makes a difference.

Midland CC - Best course in the area. Smaller membership. Not sure on initiation but guessing in the $30k-$40k range although with the price of oil it could be higher. Dues will be around $700/month I believe. They have assessed their membership in the past. More E&P guys are members here.

Greentree CC - 27 holes. Hasn't been in the greatest condition the last few years but they are putting some money into the course. Initiation is $10k for full membership. Not sure on dues.

Ranchland CC - Got hit pretty hard during the downtown in O&G. Went semi-private for awhile but has come back nicely the last few years. Recently went back to full private. Don't know initiation or dues. They redid the greens a few years back. Isn't a bad track, but I haven't played it in awhile.
Westicles
AG
Last I heard both MCC and OCC were $25-$30 initiation.

Green Tree fairways and overall course has been average at best the last year or so but their greens have remained great. They hired a new super in the fall so things will turn around. They're also building a 4 hole par 3 course and will renovate the east then the west 9s (one at a time) over the next few years. North 9 has been redone.

MCC after they shutdown for a year to renovate is fantastic. Definitely the best course in Midland/Odessa. They also have a 9 hole par 3 that's great. You'll just pay for it all.
RigsTx
AG
I forgot about the Judy.

Haven't played the Judy yet, but I enjoyed the redo of the main course.

Didn't know about the practice holes at Greentree.
BESCo91
AG
According to the Ranchland Hills CC website ......

Initiation Special for Full Family: $2250 (normally $3000).
Monthly for Full Family: $305

"The premier semi-private golf club of the Permian Basin has beautiful West Texas vistas on every hole. While our golf course is reserved for members & their guests, our restaurant and patio area are open for non-members year round."

Assuming those number$ are accurate, and the course is nice, sounds like a pretty good deal.
DOCAG79
AG
Have not played the others, but Odessa Country Club is very nice. Good folks and both courses are fun to play.
380sl
MCC - Full iniation is $25,000 and $700 a month in dues, not including all the assessments etc. 1 course that recently had a 15 month, $7MM renovation. Also has the par 3 Judy. Good for kids and older folks. Workout facilities and food are okay. You do get charged for carts. In my opinion it's more executives, business owners, old Midland money. Look at the cars when you pull into the lot.

Greentree - I think imitation is $5,000, and $500 month in dues. No charge for carts. Great workout facility, yoga, etc. Good food, clubhouse is dated, but tons of members, can be hard to get a tee time. In my opinion members are mostly middle managers and corporate members. Lots of pick-ups backed into their parking spots.

OCC - Great course (original). Mission course is recently redone. $25,000 iniation. Great clubhouse and attendants. Great golf.

Ranchland - okay course and club house. Home of white belts and white Oakley's, and white trucks backed in.

Nuevo Vista - Recentl sold and about to become houses.
Westicles
AG
Pretty good assessment. Couple of things I'll correct...

- Green Tree full membership is $10K initiation.

- I thought I heard the sell actually fell through on Nueva Vista and it was going to stay open for the time being. Not sure what to believe on that deal anymore. It's a shame if it closes because it's a pretty decent layout if someone could just pump some money into it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.