Bastrop/Giddings area golf

1,242 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgsMyDude
vegasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which is better ColaVista or Pine Forest? Anything better than that next Sunday after the Miss State game? Thanks
AustinCountyAg
I played Colovista about a month ago and it was in the worst shape I've ever seen it. Luckily I got it for a ten dollar hotdeal on golf now. It was barely worth that.

With that being said I enjoy Pine Forest more. Course is more fun and it is usually in decent shape.
vegasaggie
Interesting. I appreciate the answer
Wicked Good Ag
We have always liked Pine Forest. Not a course that you can walk but solid fun course. Been a few years since playing. Last course I got a chance to play with my dad so I think I will have fond memories regardless of the shape it may get in
Texmid
AG
I live in Smithville and play both courses regularly. The greens at Colovista are far superior to Pine Forest. It is true that Colovista isn't in the best shape. I prefer playing Colovista because of the greens.
ukbb2003
I played Wolfdancer at Lost Pines a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Really nice course.
agfan2013
AG
I enjoy the layout of Pine Forrest much more than Colovista, but as other have said PF's greens usually arent anything spectacular. But if price of the two rounds is equal, Im going to PF.

As the guy above me mentioned Wolfdancer I will say that it blows both of these out of the water (not shocking I know, its a resort course), but its regularly like $150+ to play. However, I've been able to find deals on it where the round with a cart is around $55, then its totally worth it.
Yesterday
AG
There's really not a whole lot of of Golf between Bastrop and Giddings unfortunately. If you want quality you're going to have to drive to the West side of Bastrop for Wolfdancer or head to the East side of Manor and play Shadow Glen(decent track).
AgsMyDude
AG
ukbb2003 said:

I played Wolfdancer at Lost Pines a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Really nice course.

Played last September, great course
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.