Old Rivalries
Sponsored by

Best Coaching fit for Each Texas P4 School

757 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by monstercollie
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Baylor - Art Briles... has there ever been a more Baylor coach than Briles?
University of Houston - Kevin Sumlin... the glory days of Case Keenum and boozing it up with Tilman
Southern Methodist - Steve Sarkisian... the man knows his way around Nieman Marcus
Texas A&M - Jimbo Fisher... part used car salesman part antique offense expert
Texas Christian - Mike Gundy... right mix of moxy and churchy
Texas Tech - Lane Kiffin... embraces the villain and puts up ungodly offensive numbers
University of Texas - Mack Brown... recruiter, marketer, politician, crybaby. A perfect fit.



I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
Texas velvet maestro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sticking yourself w Jimbo Fisher? tell me you actually understand A&M is better than that. Jackie Sherrill actually sold cars. and gave a damn about the school.
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

sticking yourself w Jimbo Fisher? tell me you actually understand A&M is better than that. Jackie Sherrill actually sold cars. and gave a damn about the school.

Jackie was too far back for this exercise. This fanbase LOVED Jimbo.



I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
Texas velvet maestro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TPS_Report said:

Texas velvet maestro said:

sticking yourself w Jimbo Fisher? tell me you actually understand A&M is better than that. Jackie Sherrill actually sold cars. and gave a damn about the school.

Jackie was too far back for this exercise. This fanbase LOVED Jimbo.

okay. can't wrap my head around that. but ok. jimbo didn't care. Slocum was much better.

I think I'm too old for your exercise. quite the frame of reference you know
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

TPS_Report said:

Texas velvet maestro said:

sticking yourself w Jimbo Fisher? tell me you actually understand A&M is better than that. Jackie Sherrill actually sold cars. and gave a damn about the school.

Jackie was too far back for this exercise. This fanbase LOVED Jimbo.

okay. can't wrap my head around that. but ok. jimbo didn't care. Slocum was much better.

I think I'm too old for your exercise. quite the frame of reference you know

I'm talking about the fanbase moreso than the actual program.



I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TPS_Report said:



Baylor - Art Briles... has there ever been a more Baylor coach than Briles?
University of Houston - Kevin Sumlin... the glory days of Case Keenum and boozing it up with Tilman
Southern Methodist - Steve Sarkisian... the man knows his way around Nieman Marcus
Texas A&M - Jimbo Fisher... part used car salesman part antique offense expert
Texas Christian - Mike Gundy... right mix of moxy and churchy
Texas Tech - Lane Kiffin... embraces the villain and puts up ungodly offensive numbers
University of Texas - Mack Brown... recruiter, marketer, politician, crybaby. A perfect fit.

This makes no sense. Part of the schools have coaches that actually coached there, others have coaches that never have and never would coach there. Are you the substitute teacher?
monstercollie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Has there ever been a more Baylor coach than Briles?" idk, I only followed Baylor since my sister went there in 2002 and I went there in 2005, so idk on a personal level what we were like before then. I do know about our history before then tho. Grant Teaff, and... *crickets*

In retrospect, I'm glad Briles didn't get into the CFP nor win a BCS/NY6 bowl. **** that guy and every complicit assistant coach, staff member, and player. But GOT DAMN, as far as on the field product back then? It was fun af being on top of the Big 12 for a hot minute, scrubby little Baylor with a gigantic chip on our shoulder, 70 point offense, on our revenge beatdown tour, tremendous swag, huge electric crowd energy, and I'm ngl, being complete *******s to everyone else was fun. "We don't take Aggie questions." Classic. And I loved every minute of it, until... you know, I really really really didn't.

Who out of existing current head coaches would best fit our culture? I don't ****ing know. I don't follow cfb enough to know who's good enough for us to want, and what their energy is like. What even is our energy these days? The burned up flaming car from that 2013 meme being pushed along on 4 flat tires with "WE'RE SORRY" spray painted all over it, with bumper stickers that say "there is no written report to release" and "we pretend not to hate queers anymore, gib moni plx"? I guess Aranda lmao. **** me sideways I hate this ****show. Please stop being in major scandals. Unfortunately I can't un-go to Baylor. Sic 'em anyway.

- Skritch Monster Collie doesn't know how to make a forum signature in 2026
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.