Mack Brown: Harsh Words for New A&M Head Coach

4,552 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by GentlemansAgreement
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mack Brown to Mike Elko after he left for Texas A&M: 'You lied' (msn.com)
Quote:

Elko allegedly told recruits that Mack Brown would leave North Carolina before he left Duke due to the fact that Brown is in his 70s. However, Elko left for Texas A&M following the 2023 season, while Brown is still at UNC coaching as a 72-year-old.

"Coach Elko said 'I'll be at Duke longer than Mack will be at Carolina,'" Mack Brown recalled. "I called him when he went out to A&M and said 'OK, you lied.' He said 'Well, I didn't think I was gonna [leave].' I said 'Yea, I got it. I hear all that.'"
well_endowed_ag
Mack Brown can eat a bag of butter flavored dicks. He hasn't left UNC because nobody else wants his decrepit ass. Apparently he also needs to be reminded that he bailed on UNC to go to a major program in Texas long before Elko was even coaching. If he actually called Elko to talk **** to him, Elko should have said "I'm just doing the same thing you already did decades ago, Butterteeth."
Big 12-0
well_endowed_ag said:

Mack Brown can eat a bag of butter flavored dicks. He hasn't left UNC because nobody else wants his decrepit ass. Apparently he also needs to be reminded that he bailed on UNC to go to a major program in Texas long before Elko was even coaching. If he actually called Elko to talk **** to him, Elko should have said "I'm just doing the same thing you already did decades ago, Butterteeth."

Mack might have left for Texas, but did he promise recruits he'd be at UNC longer than the NC State head coach before he left that first time he was their coach?
well_endowed_ag
Big 12-0 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Mack might have left for Texas, but did he promise recruits he'd be at UNC longer than the NC State head coach before he left that first time he was their coach?

Yeah, probably. I'm sure he promised all kinds of **** before he left.
Texas velvet maestro
It's 2024. coaches lie this century*. and they can get fired after 2-3 seasons. nobody wants to be a sitting dick.
if you're not moving up and leaving a fan base miserable, you're doin it wrong.

*except (so far) for little joey effn mcguire. but the clock is ticking, raiders
UTExan
Texas velvet maestro said:

It's 2024. coaches lie this century*. and they can get fired after 2-3 seasons. nobody wants to be a sitting dick.
if you're not moving up and leaving a fan base miserable, you're doin it wrong.

*except (so far) for little joey effn mcguire. but the clock is ticking, raiders

Kyle Whittingham and Kirk Ferentz object to that!
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Texas velvet maestro
every once in awhile, usually in a desolate location, two parties come together and realize they both will never do any better than each other.
Big 12-0
Coach Joey will be in Red Raiderland for a long, long time.

Get used to it.
UTExan
maroon barchetta
Big 12-0 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

No.

He was too busy trap-dooring players that he had promised would be great but were in fact not great.

And he had to make time to get a sideline pass for Chris Jesse to be able to get out on the field and touch a live football.
SchizoAg
AG
It is childish to conflate changing one's mind with lying.
UTExan

every once in awhile, usually in a desolate location, two parties come together and realize they both will never do any better than each other.

I realize how unusual it is for any major Texas university in Austin to value loyalty from a head coach. Or vice versa. Tennessee has come calling for Whit. U$C has come calling, Arizona and other P5 programs, but he elects to remain at home.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
AgDotCom
Big 12-0 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Tommy may have left for Cincinnati, but he did promise recruits he'd take them to a salad bar first.

maroon barchetta
He dined and dashed.
WC94
AG
Go cry to Sally MB.
45-70Ag
AG
After all these years, he hasn't changed. He's still a ****.
vin1041
AG
Mack Brown is a fibber!
William K. Klingaman
45-70Ag said:

After all these years, he hasn't changed. He's still a ****.

But a perfect fit for tu.
Texas velvet maestro
It took awhile, but Mack Brown got VY and a lot of great players on campus. Got them playing at a gangster high level, and we went out to the rose bowl twice and won big and bigger, and brought home an undisputed National Championship.
so there's that

maroon barchetta
It was disputed.

Radio's knee was down when he made that pitch to five-pounds-of-weed-and-some-ammo Ramonce on that TD run.
Big 12-0
AgDotCom said:

Big 12-0 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Tommy may have left for Cincinnati, but he did promise recruits he'd take them to a salad bar first.

Now why do we have to bring up Tubberville? That was a LONG time ago.
Casual Cynic
maroon barchetta said:

It was disputed.

Radio's knee was down when he made that pitch to five-pounds-of-weed-and-some-ammo Ramonce on that TD run.
The pitch was to Selvin Young, not Romance Taylor.
UTExan

It took awhile, but Mack Brown got VY and a lot of great players on campus. Got them playing at a gangster high level, and we went out to the rose bowl twice and won big and bigger, and brought home an undisputed National Championship.
so there's that

We'll never know about that natty since you didn't play Utah that year thanks to the corrupt Bowl selection committee work. They clearly didn't want the legacy teams getting beaten by teams from the Mountain West. It would happen anyway.
Conversely in 2009, Utah blew out Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and went undefeated. One loss Florida (lost to Alabama) was crowned by all but one service as the natty. Shows how rotten and corrupt the system was then.
BQ78
AG
So are we saying Elko is the first coach to lie to a recruit?

maroon barchetta
At least Mack Brown was honest when he told RGIII, Johnny Football, and Jameis Winston that would all be safeties.
Burdizzo
AG
In other MB news, Cart McCry is retiring from NFL bench warming. Not a bad pension if you can get it.
Texas velvet maestro
Mack Brown Texas years (and the McCoys) = Aggie pain. which is just too bad.

No objectivity is expected from the emotionally wounded.
maroon barchetta
Cart was 2-2 against the Ags. And left on a cart in one of those.
BQ78
AG
Exactly, more pain for the guy on the ground, than the men in maroon. Think Case was crying in the stands at this point.
Texas velvet maestro
A few moments later...

Colt McCoy ran 65 yards for a 14-7 Texas lead in the second quarter. He threw for 304 yards and 4 touchdowns and ran for 175

BQ78
AG
Wrong game Coltie's day was over, never came back that day. But like that National Championship you would have, could have…

maroon barchetta
It went from broad daylight to a night game in a few moments?

Was there an hours long total solar eclipse during the game?
Texas velvet maestro
A Few Moments Later...

93MarineHorn
maroon barchetta said:

At least Mack Brown was honest when he told RGIII, Johnny Football, and Jameis Winston that would all be safeties.
Damn.
Burdizzo
AG
Miraculous everyone's jerseys changed color a few moments later
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.