Big XII is Deepest Conference in America

3,777 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Texas velvet maestro
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
" LAS VEGAS Big 12 Conference commissioner Brett Yormark took the stage here Tuesday at Allegiant Stadium and delivered his vision for the future of his reimagined band of 16 schools, including the possibility of changing the league's name, adding investment from private equity and even playing more football games on days other than Saturday."
" Welcome to the new Big 12, which Yormark describes as a "mature startup" company entering his third football season on the job. It now has members in 10 states from Orlando to Phoenix, including four new schools joining in August Colorado, Utah, Arizona State and Arizona."
" There's … a lot of competition (on Saturday), so the question is, are there new TV windows we can explore?" Yormark said.

Pushing the NCAA to allow commercial patches on the jerseys of game officials, much like in the NBA.

Possibly expanding the league's market into Mexico in women's soccer and baseball.

On Tuesday, the league also announced a deal with Microsoft to provide tablet computers for use in games by football players and coaches, similar to those seen in the NFL. It is Microsoft's first-ever partnership in college athletics, according to the Big 12."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2024/07/09/brett-yormark-big-12-media-days-deion-sanders/74343040007/

Strong, diverse and hungry.
That defines the new Big 12!
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Big 12-0
I've noticed a lot of jealousy not only what THE TWELVE is now but of the monster it will become in a few years.

Stay tuned…
Texas velvet maestro
this water's cold.

it's deep too
Ciboag96
This is fun
UTExan
Naming rights, private equity, exploration of Mexico, new radio partnership. And possible movement of conference championship game to Las Vegas, the sports and entertainment capital of the world!
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Texas velvet maestro
... to see the greatest state assimilate into this melange of mediocrity and smoke and mirrors. o well
Big 12-0
Ciboag96 said:

This is fun
Indeed!

It's even more fun if you are a part of a new beginning, a new horizon. I got a new sensation, in perfect moments, well, so impossible to refuse!

Stay tuned...
UTExan
Texas velvet maestro said:

... to see the greatest state assimilate into this melange of mediocrity and smoke and mirrors. o well

Yormark is light years ahead of most conference administrators.
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

Yormark is light years ahead of most conference administrators.
I understand desperation, and also that we can type what we want and say the craziest things, ever read any of my stuff?
Big 12-0

The SEC is getting soft, patron, and THE TWELVE is getting tough. Very, very tough. We're entering savage new times, and we're going to have to be pure and direct and strong if we're going to survive them.
Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

The SEC is getting soft, patron, and THE TWELVE is getting tough. Very, very tough. ....
talk about conferences...last time I looked TEXAS beat Tech by 50. that must have been "tough"

very tough
BillYeoman
UTExan said:

" LAS VEGAS Big 12 Conference commissioner Brett Yormark took the stage here Tuesday at Allegiant Stadium and delivered his vision for the future of his reimagined band of 16 schools, including the possibility of changing the league's name, adding investment from private equity and even playing more football games on days other than Saturday."
" Welcome to the new Big 12, which Yormark describes as a "mature startup" company entering his third football season on the job. It now has members in 10 states from Orlando to Phoenix, including four new schools joining in August Colorado, Utah, Arizona State and Arizona."
" There's … a lot of competition (on Saturday), so the question is, are there new TV windows we can explore?" Yormark said.

Pushing the NCAA to allow commercial patches on the jerseys of game officials, much like in the NBA.

Possibly expanding the league's market into Mexico in women's soccer and baseball.

On Tuesday, the league also announced a deal with Microsoft to provide tablet computers for use in games by football players and coaches, similar to those seen in the NFL. It is Microsoft's first-ever partnership in college athletics, according to the Big 12."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2024/07/09/brett-yormark-big-12-media-days-deion-sanders/74343040007/

Strong, diverse and hungry.
That defines the new Big 12!

Great news. What a great conference.

I saw where the Houston Chronicle in a desperate effort hired long time Austin American Statesman and Longhorn beat writer Bohls. Longhorn NIL money subsidizing the Chron to try to promote Longhorn athletics in the Houston market….which has taken a hit
Ferg
I look for the BIG 12 to sign with Turner Sports on their next TV deal, vs being one of ESPNs stepchildren.

Big 12-0

Big 12-0 said:

The SEC is getting soft, patron, and THE TWELVE is getting tough. Very, very tough. ....
talk about conferences...last time I looked TEXAS beat Tech by 50. that must have been "tough"

very tough
As I've said, THE TWELVE is indeed tough and tu and OU will wreak havoc their first couple of years in the SEC with that inherent toughness. Then, you know, just follow A&M's SEC history there.
BillYeoman
Ferg said:

I look for the BIG 12 to sign with Turner Sports on their next TV deal, vs being one of ESPNs stepchildren.

Is Turner Sports a global brand? Or is it a regional TV station out of Georgia covering local sports? If not….may not be considered.
Big 12-0
BillYeoman said:

Ferg said:

Is Turner Sports a global brand? Or is it a regional TV station out of Georgia covering local sports? If not….may not be considered.
Next thing you know, people on here will downgrade a BigXII televised game because it's streaming on ESPN+

Newsflash: WWE is going to be on Netflix starting in 2025.

Streaming is the way of the world, people.

THE TWELVE is just ahead of the curve on almost everything.
Texas velvet maestro
saw 12-Tech sitting in their designated folding chair in a sparsely attended las vegas setting.
Tough to watch

Rongagin71
AG
I'm sorry to hear that "The 12" is buried so deep,
but have found a group that will help you kick it off...

Texas velvet maestro
which one is you?
Rongagin71
AG
It has been a few decades, but I used to hang out at a place like that
in Corpus Christi. It was called The Yellow Rose and it stayed busy.
Ferg
BillYeoman said:

Ferg said:

Turner is going to have 3 sports channels(TNT, TBS, Trutv) on VENU the joint venture with FOX and ESPN. They also have shown Turner sports on MAX. I think their distribution will be pretty broad. They also seem to be pivoting to college sports as they just added mtn west football and big east hoops,
UTExan
FSU and Clemson in early talks about joining Big 12???

Quote:

In an interview with John Kurtz at Big 12 Media Days on Wednesday, Yahoo! Sports' Ross Dellenger said that there are "early conversations" between the Big 12 and a couple of ACC schools looking to leave the league.
Florida State and Clemson have been attempting to get out of the ACC for quite some time now, and an exit to the Big 12 appears to be one of the options on the table at this point in time.
"There is at least early conversation between the Big 12 and those schools about the possibility," Dellenger told Kurtz. "I don't know that it's anything serious yet because they do have to get out of the ACC, whether that's through a settlement or a court ruling. So, we could be months, or even years away from something, but that does seem to be one of the possibilities, is the Big 12."

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2024/07/10/big-12-expansion-in-early-conversations-with-florida-state-clemson/
Texas velvet maestro
why would anyone want to leave the twelve? stand by your amorphic conferences and trumpet their names!

unless you're over that
UTExan

why would anyone want to leave the twelve? stand by your amorphic conferences and trumpet their names!

unless you're over that

Sometimes it's just about the quality of the members, VM!
Texas velvet maestro
so the TEN wouldn't take on Utah. Is that the pan-out?
UTExan

so the TEN wouldn't take on Utah. Is that the pan-out?

Sometimes fate just has a better plan!
UTExan
BTW, Velvet Maestro, Utah picked up another 4-5 star quarterback after spring training named Sam Huard, who holds Washington state high school records for passing. He started at Washington but had no chance with Michael Penix at QB. His father and uncle were both NFL stars.
It just means Big 12 football will be awesome and deep this year.
Rongagin71
AG
This morning, I posted a music video for Tech's benefit.
This afternoon brings one devoted to tu with money pouring
and the phrase "Reign I forever" as featured events.
Bearpitbull
In basketball? Yes.
Big 12-0
Bearpitbull said:

In basketball? Yes.
In football? Yes (in ten years)
In baseball? Yes (in ten years)
In popularity? Yes (in ten years)
In revenue? TBD (in ten years)

Stay tuned...
ABATTBQ11
AG
Your mom and me are the deepest conference in America. HEY-O!
UTExan
SEC, B1G:
"We better de-platform these talented upstarts so we can keep them invisible to the clueless sports-industrial-complex."
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

SEC, B1G:
"We better de-platform these talented upstarts so we can keep them invisible to the clueless sports-industrial-complex."
it ain't that complex, the untalented utah mom wanted to de-pants the clueless upstarts.
UTExan

UTExan said:

SEC, B1G:
it ain't that complex, the untalented utah mom wanted to de-pants the clueless upstarts.
Speaking of child abuse, you ought to see a lot of that visiting the Waffle House college towns of the SEC. May I suggest a cultural and intellectual upgrade by adding Tarleton State to your schedule. Baylor, Tech, TCU and A&M have done so.
Texas velvet maestro
In football, or rodeo club?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.