Toughest place to play in the Big 12?

5,637 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TXAGBQ76
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Utah apparently

UTExan
All football talk is talk until teams take the field.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
TXAGBQ76
AG
Bdf stadiums are very big- especially since the sips and bou left
Texas velvet maestro
somebody made up a list and I wasn't consulted.

TXAGBQ76
AG
I think you guys and byu have a chance to have good runs in your new conference.
UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

I think you guys and byu have a chance to have good runs in your new conference.

BYU. LOL.
-Havelock Vetinari
TXAGBQ76
AG
They've certainly had success, beat us a couple of, beat tu several times, etc. With tu and bou out of the picture, it could be easier to win it.
UTExan
BYU is having trouble from their independent days. It's hard to recruit unless you're recruiting Mormon kids and the coach, although a really good guy, does not have the player development staff. Add that with the church school stuff, players are not super-inclined to go to BYU.
-Havelock Vetinari
TXAGBQ76
AG
Gotcha
Raiderjay
Oh look a fan made list, cool......
UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

Gotcha
Yep.
-Havelock Vetinari
UTExan
Texas velvet maestro said:

Don't know why you're upset.

Utah's Rice-Eccles (Olympic) Stadium is 18th and Texas' DKR Memorial is 19th.

Now the Utah stadium doesn't have all those nasty bats and the attendant fecal deposits and the smell...dare I even speak of the smell (Belmont Hall is on the west side of the stadium IIRC). Maybe points were subtracted due to bat guano presence.
-Havelock Vetinari
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

Don't know why you're upset.

Utah's Rice-Eccles (Olympic) Stadium is 18th and Texas' DKR Memorial is 19th.

dude put a list on twitter that included....rice E....what again? it doesn't really matter. does it.
ColoAggie12
AG
Rice-Eccles is one of the most underrated and overlooked atmospheres in all of cfb.
Big 12-0
What was the criteria to determine toughness? Tough to win at, or tough to play in? I can't think anything's more intimidating than running onto a field through a fog of tortillas and seeing a thundering horse ridden by a figure swathed in black and a cartoon character blasting rifle shots in the air.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! And taking a huge crap on the tt logo at midfield during a special recognition of sponsor/ partner Norwest Bank. Very ironic on so many l gels.
Texas velvet maestro
ColoAggie12 said:

Rice-Eccles is one of the most underrated and overlooked atmospheres in all of cfb.
creepy utah resonates very little on a national level and nobody knows how to pronounce Eccles or wants to say it. commonly referred to as, rice-whatever. Most people didn't know this school existed until the internet exposed it. Folks knew that byu was from utah, that was all due to jim mcmahon. utah was just the state where if you drove through it, there was a bom in the drawer at the holiday inn, instead of the bible.
UTExan
Keep drinking that DKR-Memorial whatever bat guano flavored KoolAid. I think my favorite memories of the UT campus involve watching the Texas baseball team play Ohio State in a playoff match where some local frat boys yelled to Ohio State players, "Hit it toward the slums!"
Oblivious to the fact that Disch Falk field was adjacent to East Austin and the denizens therefrom prowled parking lots to relieve game attendees of any excess luxury items left in view inside their cars.
-Havelock Vetinari
Texas velvet maestro
who was Eccles anyway? some old quorum guy with a beard, eleven wives and 20 kids?
named after an abbreviation?
UTExan

who was Eccles anyway? some old quorum guy with a beard, eleven wives and 20 kids?

Comes from the Eccles (banking) family.
Marriner S Eccles, former chairman of the Federal Reserve under Roosevelt and Truman.
-Havelock Vetinari
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

Marriner S Eccles, former chairman of the Federal Reserve under Roosevelt and Truman.
audit the fed!

look my man, I'm not claiming the stadium is frequently "overlooked." In answer to another's claim I'm just positing a theory as to why nobody cares about that place. My amazing theories and frame of reference is exactly why I should be consulted for these internet lists.
UTExan

UTExan said:

audit the fed!

look my man, I'm not claiming the stadium is frequently "overlooked." In answer to another's claim I'm just positing a theory as to why nobody cares about that place. My amazing theories and frame of reference is exactly why I should be consulted for these internet lists.

I see your point. Since Austin is the epicenter of the universe it was small of them to not solicit your personal opinion.
-Havelock Vetinari
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

UTExan said:

audit the fed!

I see your point. Since Austin is the epicenter of the universe it was small of them to not solicit your personal opinion.
I lived in Austin for less than 6 years in two stints, a long time ago. Between those two periods I spent time in SW Wyoming and Utah. It was mighty fine coming back to Texas. But I've been in Cowtown for 20+ years now, and Austin is now my 4th-5th favorite city in Texas. The last time I attended a home game there Jerrod Heard was under center. I will miss them playing in Waco and Ft Worth on the regular. easy tickets for me to get.

Anyway, you attacking austin only serves to fuel my curiosity about the incident that occurred there leaving you so deeply wounded and obsessed.
UTExan
Not wounded, just indifferent. It was just a whistle stop on the way to another place. Let's say I am not a fan of Austin Weirdness.
-Havelock Vetinari
Texas velvet maestro
...so you woke up in an Austin alley w your pants down, and you're blaming it on the bats?
UTExan

...so you woke up in an Austin alley w your pants down, and you're blaming it on the bats?

No, I learned early that 6th Street is a no go zone unless you want to dodge bullets or get robbed.
-Havelock Vetinari
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

No, I learned early that 6th Street is a no go zone unless you want to dodge bullets or get robbed.
another utah boy in the big city story.
UTExan

UTExan said:

Humans gain their frame of reference and normalcy from the people they are around. Being around Austinites, it could only spiral downward.
-Havelock Vetinari
Texas velvet maestro
Hook'em forever
Big 12-0

Hook'em forever

Keep Austin Weird… and far away from me!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Wow, something we can agree on!
Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

Hook'em forever

Keep Austin Weird… and far away from me!
it doesn't work like that dingleheimer derangement syndrome. you must resist your capital city's pull, and stay far away. it's on you
UTExan

UTExan said:

I've been pondering that remark. I grew up in hardscrabble Eastland County-the rural ghetto-the inner country. It's not like I don't know hard times, mister.
-Havelock Vetinari
BillYeoman
TDECU is a really tough place to play…..even when UHpgrade is having a down year.

Teams get distracted by the beautiful Houston skyline and the fresh/clean gulf breezes.

Sark had trouble there this past year.
Texas velvet maestro
folks better not sleep on Donovan Smith, for sure
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.